Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 2003 Town Car Signature 80k miles. (collision damage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
    The main thing I see as a problem if it is not worth it to you to fix up because of the cost and the possibility of it not getting back to your standards,why do you expect so much money from a wrecked panther worth so little when there are many clean non wrecked panthers flooding the market today for reasonable money?
    If it is not worth it to you it certainly will not be worth it to potential buyers.
    All I see here is a parts car, any signficant money recooped from this car may come by parting it out, But then your just trading your time for money.
    Good luck no matter what you do.

I’m not asking that much I’ve seen much worse sell for more on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. The car can be driven just fine as is and fixed over time. Or left alone, I know a lot of ppl who don’t mind driving a dented vehicle, but I’m not one of them. The big thing is these cars regularly go 500,000 miles plus in fleet service and at 80,000 miles the engine and transmission is just getting broken in. A parts car to me has always been something that would cost more to get it driveable than it’s worth. Before the accident my insurance valued this car at $7500, I’ve seen comparable ones sell for $4-$6000. Therefore even with the damage there’s no reason I can’t get $1500-$2000 for it. Where I live you can’t buy a running, driveable, rust free car for under $3000. Yet I’m offering this one at $1500. Sure I’d like to get $2000 but I’d take $1500. The cheapest I can buy a low mileage non wrecked panther around here is about $3-$5000 with most on the higher end regardless of year. Nobody can afford to buy new cars in this piss poor high unemployment economy. So used cars are sky high. Never mind the fact that practically nobody makes a living wage anymore.
    Last edited by mercurygm88; 02-13-2020, 12:05 PM.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

I know these are not the same exact year or equipped cars but I or anyone would rather travel to buy one of these that could be had for less than the advertised price than a wrecked one that is not worth repairing. ( meaning even at $1500 there is no meat left on the bone or incentive to buy yours at least from my perspective ) I am not trying to be argumentative I feel your just not realistic in your expectations but I look forward and hope to be proven wrong for your sake.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6527898129010/

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6438414649073/

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2545962451742/
      2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

I know these are not the same exact year or equipped cars but I or anyone would rather travel to buy one of these that could be had for less than the advertised price than a wrecked one that is not worth repairing. ( meaning even at $1500 there is no meat left on the bone or incentive to buy yours at least from my perspective ) I am not trying to be argumentative I feel your just not realistic in your expectations but I look forward and hope to be proven wrong for your sake.

I unfortunately do not have the ability to travel that kind of distance to buy a car.

I’m currently looking at a ‘01 signature touring with 84k miles and a ‘03 signature with 36k miles that are local. I’m not opposed to buying a grand marquis or crown Vic either. I’m just trying to find something that’s not rusty, has 120k on it or less, and $3000 or under. The only problem is I can only travel about 100 miles max to get it. That’s what makes it difficult. I’ve never owned a crown Vic yet but it seems most of them are pretty rough.
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

​

Comment

I unfortunately do not have the ability to travel that kind of distance to buy a car.

I’m currently looking at a ‘01 signature touring with 84k miles and a ‘03 signature with 36k miles that are local. I’m not opposed to buying a grand marquis or crown Vic either. I’m just trying to find something that’s not rusty, has 120k on it or less, and $3000 or under. I’m also pretty sure I’ll have the $ for the ‘01 which is the one I’d prefer by next Monday. But it would be nice to sell this thing and get something out of it. Like I say I’ve personally seen less sell for more.
          Last edited by mercurygm88; 02-13-2020, 01:46 PM.

​

Comment

I drive dented, semi rusted vehicles daily. I have two garage queens for when I want to go get ice cream in fashion or whatever else. Suck it up and tolerate a beater, your anxiety levels will thank you in a few years as well as your bank account. Each one of those has 200k+ miles on it by the way with working A/C, minimal leaks and all that. Judge them from how they drive and wear and tear, not the number on the odometer. That's just a way for others to justify bullshit like "little old lady's car" or their inflated price tag.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The nice thing about the OP's car is from the inside and passenger side he has a very nice car, So to keep his vision of a nice car in his head he just needs to enter from the passenger side and park it accordingly. LOL I would at least try to find LKQ matching paint parts and fix it myself or pay someone to bolt the panels on.
              It is a shame that this had to happen at all. It was and can still be a nice car.

Comment

Not sure how to mark this as sold because I’m on my phone but I sold the car to a local guy today for $1500.

​

Comment

Congrats on the sale. Hope you find what you want to drive for the $ you want to pay.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                    Not sure how to mark this as sold because I’m on my phone but I sold the car to a local guy today for $1500.
                    Munch Munch Munch, Eating my words with a side order of crow, Yummy!!!
                    I would have bet good money that your car would have got that kind of money let alone sell it as quick as you did. ( Well Done )

All this said I am sorry your car got wrecked at all. I hope you end up with some equally as nice.

Comment

Munch Munch Munch, Eating my words with a side order of crow, Yummy!!!
                      I would have bet good money that your car would have got that kind of money let alone sell it as quick as you did. ( Well Done )

All this said I am sorry your car got wrecked at all. I hope you end up with some equally as nice.
                      Thanks I currently have two that I’m looking at. A 97 executive with 64k miles black on black. And a blue/black 03 signature with 36k. I’m leaning towards the 97 as that’s my favorite body style and it’s $1000 less.

​

Comment

May find the car back on craigslist or something all fixed up in a week. Looked like a perfect candidate for a quick flip. Hood fender and door work. Done. Easy for someone who has the time to do it.

Good luck on the car search.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          May find the car back on craigslist or something all fixed up in a week. Looked like a perfect candidate for a quick flip. Hood fender and door work. Done. Easy for someone who has the time to do it.

Good luck on the car search.

The guy that bought it said he was going to fix the window and mirror and drive it for the winter. Supposedly his GMC Colorado just threw the timing chain and he doesn’t want to work on it in the cold. He brought his son with him and he mentioned that if he could find a fender he might buy it from his dad.

I called yards all over Ohio and could only find 90-2000 town cars.

​

Comment

these cars are getting old. can you afford the added repairs?
                            when i got into the panther game, my 50 dollar crown vic cop car project was only 11 years old.
                            when i got the 86 town car it was 12 years old.
                            low mile cars tend to be rusty underneath here, it's gotta be worse in ohio.
                            the 4.6's run forever if ran hard daily. different story if say the car was driven once a week to church 2 miles away for the past 25 yrs.
                            Last edited by Lincolnmania; 02-15-2020, 10:58 AM.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                            X