PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Got to love this Classic Marauder

West lake Worth Florida ( Palm Beach County )

Default Got to love this Classic Marauder

Man o Man I wish I had the money for this car!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2689852634450/
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Park Lanes are sexy cars. I tend to like square cars with clean lines though. I have similar feelings about the Dodge Coronets of the mid-late 60s.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I love every thing about this one except for the modern wheels. Yeah and I love the old Coronets also. I guess this park lane caught me off guard because I do not remember seeing one of these cars before today.

Really nice! I really dig the yellow.

My friend has a gold/brass '64 Park Lane Marauder. 4d HT, 390 FE, buckets and center console, power windows all the goodies. All original except for exhaust. Awesome cruiser, I'm super jelly...
    I though I had a picture with both our Mercs parked on the side of a road, can't find it anymore. A Merc and (his) a cooler Merc.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    1997 Volvo 850 GLE Estate

Yeah I just wish I was not still paying two cars or I would be down there trying to buy it. This beast has the 390 with 2 4 barrel carbs on it. man o man it would pass most everything but a gas pump. LOL

I post a lot...

I didn't think the 390 was available with two 4BBL. That option was usually reserved for the 427.

At any rate, cool car but as anyone could tell you ... at a stop light grand prix a V6 Camry would blow it away. Hell a Honda Odyssey would give it a run.

I watched a minivan smoke a "muscle car" before. It was hilarious. Shows you just how quick most new cars are.

Edited... of course I'd rather drive the Merc, just making a point.
    2017 Buick Enclave 3.6 (Burgundy/Beige)
    2019 Volvo S60 Inscription (Crystal White / Blond)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Quote Originally Posted by Lincolnmania View Post
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Quote Originally Posted by tjc78 View Post
    I didn't think the 390 was available with two 4BBL. That option was usually reserved for the 427.

At any rate, cool car but as anyone could tell you ... at a stop light grand prix a V6 Camry would blow it away. Hell a Honda Odyssey would give it a run.

I watched a minivan smoke a "muscle car" before. It was hilarious. Shows you just how quick most new cars are.

Edited... of course I'd rather drive the Merc, just making a point.
    I went back and read the listing the owner installed a 3x2 set up not a dual 4BBL I just got a quick peek at the carbs watching the video and thought it was a dual 4.

But heck even with a single 4bbl I would trade a fleet of imports for it in a New York minute regardless of how fast it is or isn't.
    I just love everything about it, Its like a old school nerds hot rod.
    If I had that car I am 100 percent sure I would be that guy just cruising slow in the middle lane pissing off all the daily drivers as they were rushing home to drown their disappointment of their upside down payments for their disposable crappy plastic import with beer, weed and whiskey.

Those valve covers are easily the coolest stock FE valve covers including those cast aluminum ones that came on fancied up FoMoCo stuff.

The newer six+ speed transmissions make darn near everything new a rocket off the line. A 50mph roll to 100 this might have a chance. Dad has a 63 Galaxie with the 390/slushbox 3-speed. It moves but it’s not fast.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers