No announcement yet.

Flash to pass brighter than hi-beams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, glasses run me about $600 every four to five years when I purchase them. I'm due, but see just fine and don't feel like spending the money. But I'm right around the age you were when you got lasik done and you're one of a few who have said that some loss happens in their early to mid 40's. So if this was ten years ago, I'd do it. But I think I'll wait until I'm in my mid 40's to have the procedure done.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I get a pair every year with my insurance. I pay for it anyway so whether or not I get the glasses doesn't matter.

I'm 38. been wearing glasses for distance for 30 years. I figure I've got ~5 before I need help up close. I'll deal with it then.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I never want the frames or lenses that are covered. By the time I select what I want, ~$600.

Comment

I'm cheap so I get free shit yearly. Not awful looking, just not fancy. I get free ugly safety glasses every year too. I've got so many pairs of glasses around here its not even funny.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

10% or more yellow tint (basically computer/shooting glasses) do wonders for cutting down on nighttime glare and making it so you can actually see your lane markings regardless of what blue-fuckery oncoming arseholes have going on trying to screw you in your peepers.
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I use Zenni Optical online, for awhile I was getting 3 sets of glasses for under $200 paying for EXTRA strength prescriptions. Might be worth looking into hard, Derek. Gotta know your current frame model number to hunt down sizing, and get your prescription (with pupillary distance) which they are required to give you by law without saying 'youse gotta buy our price-gougers.'
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I might look into it, but I don't really mind paying dough if it helps support brick and mortar places. I too, work in one of those...

EXTRA strength? Didn't know a feller had to pay extra for those, what is your prescription? Ashley is one step away from being considered legally blind, or so she says. Her eyes are worse than mine and up until I met her, I didn't think that was possible.

Comment

Working...
                X