Light on the salt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light on the salt?

I was checking out the salt and pepper shakers on my 89 MGM and noticed an empty connector spot in the white one. I assume there's supposed to be one there?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200226_140918.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1305196

Originally posted by Zyghost View Post
    I was checking out the salt and pepper shakers on my 89 MGM and noticed an empty connector spot in the white one. I assume there's supposed to be one there?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53657[/ATTACH]
    Is there a female pin on the other half?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      Is there a female pin on the other half?
      There is

Comment

That looks like the o2 sensor heater circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
          That looks like the o2 sensor heater circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Awesome. Thank you

Comment

I decided to take a look at this again today while I have time. It looks like both o2 sensors connect and the ground wire goes to a screw on the block. Is that ok, or does it need to be grounded through the connector?

Comment

not sure I understand. In stock form the signal side is grounded through the threads. The heater side grounds through the connector. There is also a wire in that harness that needs to ground to the block. If someone has pulled the O2 heater grounds out of the harness and tied them to the block, that should still work but the SIGRTN wire in the O2 harness must be connected to ground as well.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Heater ground is the stud (G130, not g101 as listed in the evtm).

Comment

Working...
                X