First Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grand Marquis

Just bought a 2006 GM GS with 46k miles. Was in search of big wagons (roadmaster, caprice, colony parks ETC.) and came across this beast.
    All I have done is fluid changes and seat belt rebuild, this is a sweet car, rides smooth and averaging 22-23mpg first 2 fill ups.

Once you go panther you never go back.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I dunno man, I'm contemplating selling my Townie...
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Congrats, and welcome!

I just bought a '98 Grand Marquis LS over the weekend with 63k miles on it. The biggest thing I'm excited about is having rocker panels... my boxes are pretty rotted out, lol.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
            Congrats, and welcome!

I just bought a '98 Grand Marquis LS over the weekend with 63k miles on it. The biggest thing I'm excited about is having rocker panels... my boxes are pretty rotted out, lol.

They look pretty clean from those pictures in your signature

Comment

The picture of The Ice Car is from 2013, of the "good side". The other side had some rust, and the trunk lid was missing the trim and beginning to rot back then. The picture of The Scab is from 2016, also of the "good side". The other side has the rotted out rocker panel and some previous owner accident damage on the quarter panel. The Scab actually isn't quite as different today since I have tried to keep it away from winter driving, but The Ice Car is almost completely rotted away (although somehow looks like a different/clean car underneath, just ask TecNickal).
              Last edited by VicCrownVic; 03-02-2020, 03:28 PM.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
              X