Keypad code recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad code recovery

I did a ton of searching and found that the door access code is often on a label in the drivers door. My luck, I pulled the panel and found no code that seems to work. Photos below show the only labels. Any other way without paying the dealer to scan it?
    Attached Files

Mine was on a sticker on the driver side arm of the trunk lid. Luckily it was still set to the factory code that was on that sticker.

My uncle claims his scantool can retrieve the code and he was able to retrieve the code for his truck which was not set to the factory default on the sticker. He has an Autel device but I've never seen it so not sure what model.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Of the 4 panthers I’ve owned with the keypad all but the LAE still had either the sticker in the trunk or the code in the manual. On the LSE I pulled the drivers door panel and it was right there on a label on the module in the lower right of the door.

God only knows what a dealer would charge to pull the code if you can find one that still knows how to do it. Could be $15 could be $150. The local ford dealer wanted to charge me $180 to disable the easy out on the Town Car drivers seat so I just left it alone.

According to my 02’s manual even if you program additional codes the factory code still works and cannot be erased/reset.

I know those high end Autel scanners can do a lot of crazy stuff so it wouldn’t surprise me if they could pull the keypad code.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
        Mine was on a sticker on the driver side arm of the trunk lid. ...
        That's where mine is on my 2000 MGM. I ended up putting a yellow sticky over it so knowledgeable people can't see it when passing by while my trunk is open.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
        mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

The trunk lid arm is the most popular location for the sticker(s). The stickers, I believe there were two, could have been placed anywhere as they came with the owners manual packet and could be placed on the car or kept in the packet or trashed. They were a dealer or owner install item. They are narrow strips with 5 integers on them.

What vehicle do you have?
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

There's an old sock (cleaned before use) tied around the passenger side trunk arm on my wife's 2000 CV because that's where said code is.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Mine is a 2006, I forgot to mention that and that I also checked the trunk lid. I will contact the original dealer today (local) and see what options there are or if they know where they usually put those stickers when the cars were brought in or sold

Comment

Does an 06 have a smart junction box (SJB)?
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

As the OP found it's not on the Driver's door. Things changed in 2006 and the DDM is now the SJB as mentioned above. I believe a dealer trip is in order to get the code.
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

If the car has a SJB then the code is likely on the side of the actual SJB. I found a factory lable upside down on the side of the one in my Escape. Shoved a phone down inside the console to get a pic of the number.
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

I pulled the door panel again to look at the back of the drivers door module with no luck, where is the SJB located so i can take a look on its casing

Update,
                      was looking on google, seems the SJB is what ford calls the interior fuse box, is this correct?
                      Last edited by DonLawson84; 03-06-2020, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Yeah... in some cases the SJB is buried behind the fuses. I think my Expedition qualifies in that regard. There is however nothing smart about that one as it's just some relays are soldered down instead of in sockets. Keyless entry should always be on a separate module. It may be mounted behind the fuse panel or very near it in some cases (again, like my Expedition has the keyless entry module - driver door module - mounted above the SJB on the passenger kick panel). Definitely work a look though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                        X