1985 colony park in uk, fuel filler remote stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 colony park in uk, fuel filler remote stopped working

Hi again from the uk, Hope starting a new thread on this is the right thing to do!!!

My 85 wagon has been great, with only £200 spent in the past 5000 miles! It's just gone round the clock now.

My glove box fuel cap button has been a bit hit and miss for a while, now stopped altogether. The emergency pull cable in the back is working fine.
    I have taken the trim out the back and can feel the cable going to the fuel cover. What goes on in between I dont know!!

You guys have always come through for me, anyone had this issue before??

Many thanks, Melvin

Could be your switch. Can always try jumping the fuel release door local to the solenoid with some power to see if it works reliably there.

You can test the switch with a multimeter.

I installed a fuel door popper in my Vic years back. Not much to it. Single white wire back to the solenoid If memory serves me right.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

+1 on the switch. 84 Continental had the same issue. Jump the wires together and see if it pops. I was able to take apart the switch and polish up the contacts inside. I don't remember exactly how it comes apart, other than it wasn't hard and its not real complex in there. Two brass "fingers", a spring, and a metal piece that pushes down between them to complete the circuit if I remember right. Basically I just pulled it all apart, cleaned the ancient grease out, put a dab of fresh spark plug grease in and put it back together.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks guys, you got it right again, pulled apart the switch, cleaned contacts, I just had to pack out the back of the plastic button as well to get it firing every time.

What I really like about my wagon is everything has always been a straight forward fix. (with your help as well)

Comment

Working...
        X