Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The wrong way to remove quarter panels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wrong way to remove quarter panels...

Trying to get everything off the parts car that I can. I MIGHT do a wide body on my 2-door one day and if so, I’ll have some “factree” sheet metal to get me started.

'85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Yeah why not. Metal look ultra clean. Could be a fun project when your boy get older and wanna help/annoy dad.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah.. Why was that a parts car to begin with? Was it wrecked on the other side? Can't help but feel sad for this one's demise..
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I originally bought the car to use the front clip, some interior parts, bumpers and stuff to make my ‘85 coupe look like an ‘88-‘91 coupe that never was. Only thing wrong with the car was a bad heater core. Started tearing it apart and decided to make it a driver...rolled rear fender lips, removed chrome trim & welded up the holes...then I got married and it sat in a storage unit for almost 2yrs, then my backyard for another 3 yrs...and it was still in a state of partial disrepair. Then I stumbled across this other cream puff ‘89 that just needed an engine. That was the final nail in this parts-car’s coffin. I really don’t feel too bad about cannabalizing it because I’m wasting NOTHING, and the parts will resurrect 2 other cars.
        '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

The car didn't necessarily need to be sacrificed and could have been a driver with minimal effort. Makes me a wee bit saddened to hear. No offense to you, but of course you don't feel bad. Everyone finds a way to justify their actions to themselves.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Yeah, it could’ve been a nice driver with minimal effort...but my Tudor means a HELL of a lot more to me. Your more than welcome to haul away the roller if you want zero rust front doors, and a frame that looks like it’s never seen moisture of any kind. These things are pretty common down here, if I lived in the rust belt, I wouldn’t cut up anything this nice. Again, it’s run of the mill stuff down here. It’s not like I’m snatching up all the nice panthers for derby cars. The OTHER ‘89 I bought WAS headed to the scrapyard if I didn’t buy it. The owner was putting it on the trailer and it was either getting dumped at my house or the wreckers...I think sacrificing the white car to save another and bring one more back to former glory is more than enough.

Comment

Working...
            X