1987 LTD Crown Vic on Craigslist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this the other day while browsing craigslist.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/h...083039201.html

It might make a good daily driver since it’s lived it’s life in the land of snow and salt. It could also be a donor car for someone wanting to SEFI swap an older car in better shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a Minnesota car that is in excellent shape and great price. Would not mind having that !

Comment

Wow yeah, a Ford model with a Tripminder and illuminated entry, not to mention one of the optional vinyl tops. Some rust but worth looking at, the homeboys here would want $2,500 or more for that.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

My favorite style of Ford radio, too. Although I usually replace the radios with more modern ones nowadays...one of those I might consider sneaking an aux input into (like I need another project).

Comment

You guys are making me want to go take a look at it now lol. He’s only about 6 hours away from me....would be a good weekend roadtrip.

I have been in the market for a new daily driver and newer cars just aren’t doing anything for me. Don’t mind my rambling...just trying to talk myself into it...

Last edited by matth825; 03-09-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bgreywolf View Post
            My favorite style of Ford radio, too. Although I usually replace the radios with more modern ones nowadays...one of those I might consider sneaking an aux input into (like I need another project).
            Mine too. If my aftermarket one gives me fits one more time, I'm putting my stock one back in, it'll talk to the aftermarket JBL amp just fine, won't sound as good but it'll look fantastic.. I'm at the point I drive the thing so infrequently that I forget about all the features it has, how to use them or adjust the equalizer.. I'm fucked if I have to disconnect the battery haha.. Impossible to forget how to adjust stuff with a good ole analog unit like that there though.

Originally posted by matth825 View Post
            You guys are making me want to go take a look at it now lol. He’s only about 6 hours away from me....would be a good weekend roadtrip.

I have been in the market for a new daily driver and newer cars just aren’t doing anything for me. Don’t mind my rambling...just trying to talk myself into it...

Do it! We'd love another car if we could justify it. That one has ditch lights too, didn't see that the first time. Much like my old '85, makes me miss it. I love the Fords with their gridded taillights and quad parking lights up front much more than the Mercury versions. It isn't often you see a Ford that well opted either.

Comment

Driver side fender is toast (rusted out) and no pic of the p.side. Still looks good from the oddly distorted pics provided.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I sent the seller a message and am trying to get pictures of the passenger side and the undercarriage. She is a little rough around the edges but the plus side to that is I could drive it during the winter time and not feel horrible about it. A good dousing of fluid film would probably slow the rust down.

Comment

It looks to be optioned the same as my mom's old '87 Country Squire. Same radio, I think, and it sounded great. She also had tripminder, ditch lights, and illuminated entry. Hers was also a tow package car. Too bad she wrecked it 16-17 years ago.

My soon to be retired winter DD was not in great shape when I got it in 2012. I don't feel bad for running it through 8 Michigan winters. The only offers the PO said he got were $300 or less from derby guys.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Is the paint that shiny or is it just wet?

It’s fun to daily something that is past the point of “I feel bad for getting this car salty”.

Check the frame out really well.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yeah, since it's already a bit krispy from cancer there is no need to worry about it. If the structure where it counts is still solid, you can use that as a tool to beat them up on price. Then you can coat it frequently with Fluid Film or Krown to help stave the rust off.

Comment

Looks like it may have already sold. I’ve tried reaching out to the seller a couple of times with no response.

The search continues to find another crusty daily driver!

What areas of the frame are the most prone to corrosion that should be inspected closely?

Comment

Originally posted by matth825 View Post
                          Looks like it may have already sold. I’ve tried reaching out to the seller a couple of times with no response.

The search continues to find another crusty daily driver!

What areas of the frame are the most prone to corrosion that should be inspected closely?

Passenger side front lower control arm mount area.... Common place for water to drip from the evaporator and such.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thx! I’ll make sure to check that area when I find one to check out.

Comment

Working...
                            X