Wiper motor interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiper motor interchange

The wiper motor on my 89 Colony Park is very rusty, the wiper motor I took off the 88 Town Car is nice. BUT the part#s are different.
    E7AF-17504-AB vs. E7VF-17504-AB. They physically look the same. Plugs are the same. Anyone know if they interchange? WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Wiper motor interchange

If this page is correct it would seem that the basic part number is the same however the model they were engineered for is different. Take that with a grain of salt as I’m sure thats common with our cars since they have sister models and their roots in the 70s. I would bet they would interchange. To be sure you could mock it up without actually installing it and see if it works with the stalk in all positions.

http://www.fordification.com/tech/pa...s_overview.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

different part numbers for all years Towncar vs Vic/Grand Marq but I don't know what the difference honestly is. Rockauto says its the same motor on everything from 87-91. If the plugs are the same I strongly suspect it will work just fine. The earlier cars did have a different motor, but apparently there is some retrofit wiring adapter that puts the late motor in the early car. I guess they are mechanically the same but the plugs are different.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It could be something like the mounting plate is different. That might even be swappable from one motor to the next.

My '98 MGM needs a new wiper motor, and I have a brand new wiper motor on The Ice Car ('91 MGM). As far as I can tell the motor I got in The Ice Car is identical, but the mounting plate is different (based on pictures online).

The wiper motor I put in The Ice Car has one connector vs the original which had 2. The one connector I cut a pigtail off of a '97 (after realizing the part number on the new motor was for '95). Splicing that to my stock harness was as easy as matching wire colors sinse each wire color had the same function on the 2 connector (late box) application as the 1 connector (aero) application.

A lot of that story really doesn't matter to you (I think) but I wouldn't be surprised if the motors could be swapped even if it takes a little work to make it happen.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I *THINK* part of the difference on the early-to-late Panther is to the type of motor, so the field and ground wiring are slightly different.

Ford didn't have that many wiper motors, so generally you can mix-and-match within general product lines. The mounting plate, connectors, and linkage arm differed but often can be interchanged, as long as you're not going from a compact car to a truck; or a car with the hidden-park wipers to a car where the wipers park at the bottom of the regular stroke.
          Ditto for power window motors; in a lot of cases the difference is left vs right more than type of car.

Comment

Okay, I just swapped the TC wiper motor into my CP and it fits and works perfect! Nothing different in mounting plates or wiring. At first I thought the sweep was longer on the TC, but it ended up being somebody installed the wiper arms incorrectly on my wagon,(new windshield at some point). WagonMan
            89 Colony Park
            90 Colony Park
            70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Working...
            X