Fuel Injector Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Injector Install

So, I was attempting to mock up my fuel injectors and rails and found that I can't get my rails to line up with the mounting bracket. I think I have the injectors fully seated as they snap into place; and I feel the injector flange hitting the intake manifold bungs. The fuel rail is a really tight fit, but they seem to snap into place with a bit of effort. I am working with a Trick Flow top end; including the fuel rails (made by Aeromotive); and Accel injectors. I have pics; just want to know what I'm doing wrong; or if the parts are not fitting correctly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0991.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	1305208

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0992.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1305209

I think I discovered the problem. When I sent the lopo to the junkyard; I failed to remove the fuel rail retaining bolts. They had tapered ends that would have allowed me to thread them in; even with the misalignment. I will see if I can find some at the junkyard; if there are any boxes left.

Comment

Also noted a couple other things; the injectors may have been taller than other injectors(?); and despite the fuel rails and intake being from the same company, the brackets didn't line up with the bolt holes in the intake. I got 1/4" x 1" bolts from Autozone; which had tapered tips; they made things a lot easier. And a little grinding of one of the bracket bolt holes and everything is tight. Also had to clean up one of the bolt holes because the threads were wonky. Just little annoying things that had to be done to make it work.

Comment

Working...
      X