1991 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

yeah I got nothing for a name on this one either.

Picked this up 3/9 in West Palm Beach. The original owner had contacted me some months ago asking if I was interested. At the time I had some stuff going on, so I backed out on it. Fast forward to February and he contacted me again. Basically it was I buy it for a very good price, or it was going to Goodwill who would probably just scrap it. He sent me pics and I decided it was far too nice to turn into cat food cans. Flew to Florida, bought it, toured through Kennedy Space Center, then loaded it on the Autotrain outside Orlando to run me up basically to Washington, DC. The Autotrain doesn't really save you any time vs driving straight through, but you can sleep on the train without killing anyone. Not a bad experience, but if I ever do it again I'm taking a pillow.

Odometer was broken when I got it, so its got at least 500 miles more than it logs, but its somewhere in the 233-234k range. PO's log says 233320 in October of 2019 and thats what it said pulling into my driveway some 500 miles later. I was able to fix that so it reads now. Speedo is a bit wonky and I don't know what it's problem is. Seems to be mechanical within the gauge itself. Prob will just swap a donor gauge in at some point. Factory stereo was removed and the amp was bypassed. I put in a good amp. Have the last OE radio that came out of it, maybe I'll see if I can fix it. Its a Mark VIII radio, the original VII radio died and the Ford dealer didn't have any more. I'm told the VIII radio is not working but it lights up and seems to have signs of life. Will have to investigate further.

Only real known problems are the wear spot in the driver's door panel, and the rear tilt on the driver's seat doesn't work. The back end is all the way down and won't lift. AC also does not work. The evaporator in the dash is leaky. I have one, along with the hoses, heater core, and R12 to make it all happy again. Just need to do it, which is not an especially fun job on these cars. Heater core sits directly under the evaporator, so you're damn straight I'm changing that SOB while I have it apart anyway.
    Attached Files
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I am glad it’s not going to be cat food cans.

Any ideas as to what saved the leather? A certain leather treatment, window tint, garage kept?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Window tint and garage kept. I will actually ask him what he used just for S&G but I'm pretty sure it was mostly just keeping the sun off it that kept it nice. Dashboard didn't survive, but thats not a big surprise.
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The wheels look to be 98-02 HPPs. Does that make it a Timewarp II ?

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
        mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

It’s a beaut.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Very nice! PO really loved that car. It looks amazing for over 200K!

I love the color combo as well!
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post
              The wheels look to be 98-02 HPPs. Does that make it a Timewarp II ?
              Nope. Those are earlier -1996 HPPs. I think Mark VII's did get them first though.
              1997 Grand Marquis LS HPP
              2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

- Richard

Comment

yeah, original BBS wheels. Marks got those 90-92. If you have them side by side with an HPP, you'll see the HPP lip is deeper. Offset is about 1.25" different, but the styling is basically identical. If Panther wheels are run on a Mark, the tires are pushed right to the edge of the wheel wells. It actually looks pretty good. Opposite problem with Mark wheels on a Panther, need spacers to push them out far enough that the tire doesn't rub the control arms. On a box specifically the edge of the stamped metal upper arm will slice right through the sidewall of the tire.

This is the 88-89 LSC wheel. My Towncar has these.

and the earlier LSC "bowling ball" wheel which I do not care for are top left. I have never seen the geometric wheels in person. Not sure I really like them but they're different. Bottom left is the same wheel the diesel Conti has.

Comment

I’ve never seen that geometric wheel either. Kinda funky looking.
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Definitely an 80s style. I honestly don't even know of anyone who has seen one. Possibly one of those things in the brochure that never actually made it to production.

Comment

Yeah that's a nice one. I'll refrain from sending this thread to Ashley as she'll be upset she didn't get it. In other news, the medical debt is non-existent now. Good thing she called, they tried to run her insurance as out of network and so in network, much better.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Cool lookin car. armrest doesn't look bad and red duct tape is fun. will be on the lookout for a set of those geometric wheels.
                        96 MGM
                        sigpic
                        Cruisin up and down the road...

Comment

Nice! Looks like my former neighbor's MkVII before the mods.

Comment

Never seen one that the leather wasn't all cracked to shit, even with low miles.

Is this Lincoln #4???
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Id rather replace a dash than pay for new seats to be stiched. Luckily living up north, you can find a nice dash and paint to match.

You really scored well with the car. Super nice find. Congratulations! Cant believe how nice those seats are. Definitely original
                              -Nick M.
                              Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                              03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Working...
                              X