Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a panther owner again with an 89 Crown Vic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a panther owner again with an 89 Crown Vic!

It's been a very long time since I've posted on this forum. A lot has changed in my life but, no one needs to hear that story right now. I'm currently living in Florida and I am finally in a position to have a panther again. I picked up this 89 Crown Vic near me for a $1000. It has 99000 original miles and aside from the faded paint, it's in very good shape. I've looked over it and I have not found any rust, dents, deep scratches or dings along the body. If you look closely at the vinyl top, there are no rips, tears or even fading. The interior is in great shape as well. The seats have no rips, tears or stains. There is no nasty smell to the interior either. The only thing it needs is a new dash pad because it's cracked.
    The previous owner installed a dual catless exhaust system with flowmaster 50 series mufflers. I don't really care for the exhaust tips because they look like Chrome vacuum attachments. At some point, I'll change them over to the same Chrome slant-cut tips that I used to have on my Magna.
    I'm sure that some of you mangs looking at this car will see that the hood is slightly misaligned around the passenger side. Since I took these pictures, I fixed the hood. Fortunately, the previous owner had a Haynes manual in the car.
    I've been driving around for about 2 weeks now and I had to put a new alternator on it but that's it. I went ahead and changed out the oil and also threw in some STP oil treatment just to make sure that there are no leaks. I even ran some Lucas fuel injector cleaner through it.
    The engine runs very smooth and the trans is shifting very well and smooth.
    And a very big plus is that the AC blows ice cold.
    This is the 1st Crown Vic or panther for that matter but I have owned the has both manual windows and manual locks. It's nice to have that because then I won't have to worry about broken windows or locks.

I went quite a long time thinking about what kind of panther I wanted to have for the amount of money that I had to buy 1. I just kept coming back to getting a Box because I like their character a lot more. I could have gone for an aero or whale to get a little bit more power but I just can't get around the fact that I like the design of the Box more.
    I've attached some pictures.

-Colin
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Welcome back mang. Last year of the manual windows. I love mine in the 88. Not so much on the manual locks but at least they work.

Do you have the 4th turbine wheel?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I do have the 4th turbine wheel but the previous owner decided to properly dispose of the tire that was on it. Obviously, he did a one wheel wonder and I'm not sure I want to put the other tire that's on the hubcap wheel on to the turbine.
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I do have the 4th turbine wheel but the previous owner decided to properly dispose of the tire that was on it. Obviously, he did a one wheel wonder and I'm not sure I want to put the other tire that's on the hubcap wheel on to the turbine.
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Hey dude. Long time no see. Looks like a good one to start with!

Comment

Welcome back.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks mangs.
              Good to be back.
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

And welcome back

Comment

Yup, the boxes definately have better character.

Comment

Welcome back!

Glad to see you in a panther. Now you can pick up where you left off!
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Exactly lol.
                      For those curious, here's an engine pic.
                      The "custom cold air intake" was done by the previous owner.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 03-27-2020, 08:45 PM.
                      sigpic
                      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Yuck.

Time for 90/91 inner fender, 90 townie fan shroud/coolant tank as well as washer reservoir and aero air box set up. Will clean that right up.

Unless previous owner left the old stock parts in the trunk. That would be an upgrade too.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

If you're ever visiting MI let me know. I've got a spare '90 TC fan shroud with coolant reservoir. The reservoir needs to be cleaned, but that's no big deal. I'll probably have spare '91 inner fenders as well, in a couple months, and I suppose the '90 TC air box and washer fluid reservoir.
                          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                          X