No announcement yet.

To much fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im pretty sure ive got a car lined up 2001(i think) cv with 90k. I think the car would be badass with a floor shifter from a cv mgm or mm, ive got a lead on a console, but i had a question if anyones ever tried a lincoln continental shifter assembly in the panther console, they look the same but have different part number
    Cv part number 1W3P-7K004-ADW
    Continental number f80p-7k004-aaw

Comment

If anyone was wondering, the only difference i see in the continentals dont have a o/D button, but the 1999-2004 mustangs do so the shifter would need swaped

Comment

🤫🤫
        Attached Files

Comment

Sneaky. I like it.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The car had trouble idling recently, I smoke tested some vacuum stuff again and was wondering if the egr vacuum valve solenoid should be leaking when car is off, also 2 other solenoids right behind the map sensor were leaking as well. Like out of the top

Comment

they should not be. Wonder if someone connected them wrong. If you put vacuum on the wrong side it will pull through the vent tube.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

All the lines look factory, they are all color coded, I only notice them because they have a vent on top and when I smoked it, they had baby oil bubbling on top of them(my smoke machine uses baby oil).
                Can I bypass them? The egr one is 40$, I didn't know/ check the other 2

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200914_200937.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1287417 i got one, needs a little work, but these things are harder to find than I thought

Comment

strictly speaking you can remove vacuum from them all. It will keep the EGR from working and probably the smog pump stuff. The MAP sensor has to have vacuum on it.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 82EmilioPucci View Post
                      ����
                      That anti theft cover plate is really cool. What brand of new stereo did you get ?

Comment

Its a pioneer avic x710bt, got it from a junk jeep. It pretty nice

Comment

The map sensor get its vacuum from a big brass colored vacuum thing, I think its called a diaphram? The 2 solenoid are just behind it, I think they are for the smog pump as well

Comment

MAP should have a line running directly to the manifold.

The other two are probably smog pump, but could be EGR. I don't know exactly the layout on the early cars but following the hoses will confirm. Some early stuff used 2 solenoids to run the EGR, one applied vacuum to open the valve and the other is the vent to let it close again. Later ones did both functions with a single solenoid.

Comment

I got what was going to be the parts car and decided I like it to much. Its a 2001 crown Victoria with 92,000 miles. So I might be looking to get rid of the 82 mark 6

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200927_095020.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	1287445

Comment

Working...
                                X