No announcement yet.

To much fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think so. E0AZ-7F330-A is the listing for the TV rod cars. I can't actually find anything for the cable cars. My master parts manual pre-dates the bronze bushing service part I think.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

An update, the bushing was right, the car seem to run ok, but i had it stall on me slowing down to go around a corner at about 10-15mph off the gas and brake, i think i fixed a big vacuum leak with the headlights, i switch a green and blue line around at this wierd box under the dash has 3 lines going in( green, white and blue) white being the source.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200502_150907.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1287017

Comment

Also i dont know if its possible, but one headlight cover is missing a bushing so it so its loose and crooked, unobtanium?

Comment

Kishy probably knows more about the headlight controls on a Mark VI than anyone here. He's done some writups on the various bits of the system.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Im going to try plugs (never did them oops) and cut the cat out to see if that helps any, has anyone on here attempted a 4.6 swap in one of these, ive been thinking about it
              Edit, the guy before me ran it super rich and so did i for a while, oops, i i think the cat may be plugged

Comment

I'd carb swap it before I put a 4.6 in, but i have no interest in the modular engine. I'm also not a carb guy so that says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by 82EmilioPucci View Post
                  Has anyone on here attempted a 4.6 swap in one of these, I've been thinking about it.
                  Yes, one member has swapped a 4.6 into a box body. Another member has swapped a box coupe body onto a newer Panther chassis. That was a big job!
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Search for "modbox"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That job looks like something id be down to tackle, thats is the 4.6 swap, not that frame stuff! Is there a year of 4.6 i should say away from, ive heard early ones have valve seals and something about 04s, and i want the obd 2 as the guy who did this before, i like the plug and play stuff, would 99 to 03 be the best range?

Comment

I may be able to get a 08 or 10 for cheap(wrecked) is there more security in those, or other disadvantages to the newers ones, and should i make a new thread in a different location?

Comment

‘01+ would be best since they feature the Performance Improved cylinder heads. You could use a ‘96-‘00 engine, but it wouldn’t be as snappy in stock form. The ‘91-‘95 engines are the ones known to have the oil burning issues with the original valve stems.

If you’re going the 4.6, I’d just look for the lowest mile one you can get that meets your criteria. You’d also need to grab the whole wiring harness for the engine and transmission from the donor car.

My Cars:
                          -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                          -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Ya im going to try and get a whole car, do the newer ones have any like drive by wire stuff or anything that would stop me

Comment

'05+ is drive by wire.

My Cars:
                              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

The wrecked 06(thought it was an 8) had 300,000miles lol so i need a 01 to 04 sounds good

Comment

Working...
                                X