PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To much fuel

Im going to try plugs (never did them oops) and cut the cat out to see if that helps any, has anyone on here attempted a 4.6 swap in one of these, ive been thinking about it
    Edit, the guy before me ran it super rich and so did i for a while, oops, i i think the cat may be plugged

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I'd carb swap it before I put a 4.6 in, but i have no interest in the modular engine. I'm also not a carb guy so that says a lot.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

GMN Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 82EmilioPucci View Post
    Has anyone on here attempted a 4.6 swap in one of these, I've been thinking about it.
    Yes, one member has swapped a 4.6 into a box body. Another member has swapped a box coupe body onto a newer Panther chassis. That was a big job!
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    You may regret selling it. Think it over.

Search for "modbox"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

That job looks like something id be down to tackle, thats is the 4.6 swap, not that frame stuff! Is there a year of 4.6 i should say away from, ive heard early ones have valve seals and something about 04s, and i want the obd 2 as the guy who did this before, i like the plug and play stuff, would 99 to 03 be the best range?

I may be able to get a 08 or 10 for cheap(wrecked) is there more security in those, or other disadvantages to the newers ones, and should i make a new thread in a different location?

‘01+ would be best since they feature the Performance Improved cylinder heads. You could use a ‘96-‘00 engine, but it wouldn’t be as snappy in stock form. The ‘91-‘95 engines are the ones known to have the oil burning issues with the original valve stems.

If you’re going the 4.6, I’d just look for the lowest mile one you can get that meets your criteria. You’d also need to grab the whole wiring harness for the engine and transmission from the donor car.

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (222K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Ya im going to try and get a whole car, do the newer ones have any like drive by wire stuff or anything that would stop me

'05+ is drive by wire.

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (222K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

The wrecked 06(thought it was an 8) had 300,000miles lol so i need a 01 to 04 sounds good

Im pretty sure ive got a car lined up 2001(i think) cv with 90k. I think the car would be badass with a floor shifter from a cv mgm or mm, ive got a lead on a console, but i had a question if anyones ever tried a lincoln continental shifter assembly in the panther console, they look the same but have different part number
    Cv part number 1W3P-7K004-ADW
    Continental number f80p-7k004-aaw

If anyone was wondering, the only difference i see in the continentals dont have a o/D button, but the 1999-2004 mustangs do so the shifter would need swaped

🤫🤫
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200906_170548.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	54841   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200906_170541.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	54842  

Sneaky. I like it.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

The car had trouble idling recently, I smoke tested some vacuum stuff again and was wondering if the egr vacuum valve solenoid should be leaking when car is off, also 2 other solenoids right behind the map sensor were leaking as well. Like out of the top

they should not be. Wonder if someone connected them wrong. If you put vacuum on the wrong side it will pull through the vent tube.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

All the lines look factory, they are all color coded, I only notice them because they have a vent on top and when I smoked it, they had baby oil bubbling on top of them(my smoke machine uses baby oil).
    Can I bypass them? The egr one is 40$, I didn't know/ check the other 2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200914_200937.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	54856 i got one, needs a little work, but these things are harder to find than I thought

strictly speaking you can remove vacuum from them all. It will keep the EGR from working and probably the smog pump stuff. The MAP sensor has to have vacuum on it.

fomoco panthers !

Quote Originally Posted by 82EmilioPucci View Post
    ����
    That anti theft cover plate is really cool. What brand of new stereo did you get ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast