PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: My '85 MGM, "Maisa"

That looks pretty cool. Although I'm not sure about the whitewalls with them though.

You'll never see those scratches unless the car is standing still and you're right on 'em. Although the car looks pretty damn nice, so I could see why you'd want to refinish them if you kept that look.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    You'll never see those scratches unless the car is standing still and you're right on 'em. Although the car looks pretty damn nice, so I could see why you'd want to refinish them if you kept that look.
    Yeah, but the black is so faded that they really need painting, and if you're gonna paint, probably should sand atleast the worst gouges away. The scratches from the wire covers are so deep and sharp they rip up a rag or sponge.

On the pics with the new center caps installed, the wheels are freshly waxed with Auto glym SRP, that's why they look passable, or atleast glossy.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Quote Originally Posted by Arquemann View Post
    I'll have to feel around more. Those Ranger caps on GM_guy's first pic don't look half bad, whatever that middle pic is weird...
    Mountaineer caps don't look too bad, even though I'm not a big fan of the flying M logo.
    The 2nd pic is yet another style of ranger cap if you didn't catch it, which corresponds to the ranger cap you linked.
    The middle pic with the M is the oem ones, the next pic is an aftermarket set of moutaineer caps with no logo in the center. Once you pic the style, you can then dig deeper to see whats all out there. Logo, no logo, textured middle, smooth middle. fully chromed, matte-chrome (my 2nd pic also came a few years in a matte chrome finish on some rangers). Theres also a couple more styles of ranger and mountaineer caps out there if none of these factory options are favorable. Attachment #3 is the ranger version of the flying M mountaineer cap. As you've probably noticed by now, there are only a handfull basic designs, but a couple handfulls of logo's and finishes.

One problem with those are my spacers, they are m12x1,5 so finding correct lugnuts might prove inconvenient. Unless I bash out the m12 studs and put in new 1/2" studs, which is a pain in the ass. The current studs also stick a lot through the lugnuts.
    Would these work? https://www.nippelit.fi/1st/html/def...tmode=showprod

The same store also sells the Ranger caps, 20€ a pop. https://www.nippelit.fi/1st/html/def...tmode=showprod
    Yes m12 would be a problem. Stock lug nuts, and collared lug nuts are 1/2"-20, they where only used with the rangers and cop cars 96ish model year and newer [edit:and mazda's over here. But I'm curious if the B-series was available in Europe, if the lug nuts where metric with a collar]. If you start looking into it you will find that the crown vic and the ford ranger have different part numbers for collared lug nuts. Don't worry about it, as long as you have a collared nut they will work. The difference is the ranger uses a 3/4" hex, the crown vic uses a 13/16" hex. Get whatever you find. I run the ranger lug nuts as I got a super deal on genuine ford ones.

The nut you linked to will NOT work. The collared nut ViccrownVic shows is what you are after by way of collar location, that raised ridge mates with grooves in the center cap retainer. Also note, some center caps have plastic finger retainers, some have metal spring "flower" retainers. Doesn't matter, I got both, never lost any yet.

Did you guys get Mazda B-series pickup trucks over there? You might find something locally thats cheaper, just need to do something about the logo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails center cap metal retainer 6c.jpg   center cap plastic retainer.jpg   center cap. ranger.a.jpg   center cap.ranger.naked.jpg   center cap.mazda b-series.c.jpg  

center cap mazda bseries.blk.jpg   center cap mazda bseries.round.jpg  
    Last edited by GM_Guy; 07-21-2022 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GM_Guy View Post
    Did you guys get Mazda B-series pickup trucks over there? You might find something locally thats cheaper, just need to do something about the logo.
    Yup we do, more like did though. Most of them have been run to the ground and scrapped. There's like four B2500's for sale in Finland currently.
    And every single pickup for sale or in a junkyard is 6-lug and with manual hubs.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243