Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	47.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1289713
    Just a little bit
    Seems like the crappy running LoPo still has it lol

If tomorrow's cruise night is off due to rain, last friday will be the last cruise night of the season.
    It's been on and off below and above freezing, plus alot of rain. Since I have driven the MGM barely a night per week, I've seen the windshield fog up on the inside a few times, I guess the car ain't quite as waterproof as I thought.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Nice pic!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Took the Beemer to the shop yesterday evening, so I took the MGM to work today. -2°C at 6.30 in the morning.
        Had to scrape all the windows (apparently rear defrost doesn't work), hopefully the last time I'm scraping the windows on this car...
        Interestingly the engine backfired into the intake on the first try, never had that happen with this car.

Now looking for an intake manifold, one went right from under my nose, while I was waiting for payday... None used currently for sale online in Finland, cheapest new one (Weiand street warrior) is 265€.

The car is going to winter storage next sunday.

Comment

the wiring on the rear glass tends to evaporate. Worth checking for power at the glass, but if you get voltage and it doesn't defrost, its the traces across the glass.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I've got one dead line on the defroster in my 93. But since the tint is awesome and new, I'm not gonna bother trying to fix it. Having the whole grid dead usually means a wire is disconnected or the switch is bad.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I had so many dead lines on my '85's grid it was easier to say how many good lines it had. I think I repaired seven to ten of them. Fucking kids..
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I don't think I'll do anything about the rear defroster, I don't need it. Yesterday was the first time I would've needed it.
                Maybe if I'm bored one day next summer.

Comment

On day I caught my sister picking at the rear defroster lines many years ago. She was maybe 25-30 years old then. I yelled at her as I was driving. She said she wasn't doing anything. I said BS, I watched you do it as I looked in the rear view mirror. The defroster never worked again.

Comment

WTF? Ugh, it's bad enough when people point to shit while you're driving and touch/smear your freshly cleaned glass in the process. That's insult to injury.

Comment

Name:	image0000001.jpg
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	1289725
                      How detrimental to torque would it be slap this single plane on the stock lopo?
                      I'd get it for a hundred euros, if it's not too tall. I asked the guy to measure it, since he couldn't give a part number or anything.
                      It's so cheap and close by, and there's no other used SBF intakes for sale here.

Comment

Pretty damn bad, not to mention it'll have trouble idling nice and low too. Those are made for 2000 RPM +, so if you're just cruising around, you'll hate it.

Comment

I agree…you’ll hate it. Definitely stick with a dual plane low rise manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.
                            The guy measured it, 145mm or 5,7 inches. No way José!
                            I noticed the bolt holes are all ovaled out, I wonder what the hell it's gone through... Shaved heads?
                            That's why I would've been cheap.

I also did some measuring, and came to the conclusion that I have right about zero hood clearance.
                            Almost more like negative clearance, the cleaner lid has rubbed marks onto the hood insulation from moving around.

The CFI unit plus EGR spacer is approx. 114mm tall (measuring from where the air cleaner sits)
                            The Holley carb and 1" phenolic spacer is right about 110mm tall, basically the same as the CFI and its spacer.

If I want to keep the factory air cleaner, the new intake can't be any taller than the factory one, which is quite unlikely
                            Or I need to ditch the phenolic spacer, which would allow the intake to be an inch taller. But the spacer is a very much functional item...

Here they claim that the factory CFI intake is 4.25" tall at most.
                            http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ntake-with-EGR
                            Both the Performer 289 and Weiand Street Warrior are both taller than that, possibly only by 0,5".

Comment

mess with the deck height enough to affect intake mating and you run into all sorts of problems. The right fix is to mill the intake so it fits, the wrong fix is to wallow out bolt holes and use a bunch of sealer to hope it works.

and single plane intakes are more of a high rpm thing, on an engine thats basically incapable of high rpm operation its a waste of time. You need the longer runners to match the low rpm operation in order to get efficient fuel charge in the motor.

mebbe this is of use

https://youtu.be/cGkHLPTWGRU
                              Last edited by gadget73; 10-23-2021, 12:17 PM.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So, the car went to storage on the 24th, as planned. I have more strategically placed drip pans and cardboard this time and hopefully the shouldn't be leaking as much as last winter. But for sure there's going to be AFT on the floor, mostly from the PS pump and lines...

There's another used SBF intake that's popped up for sale. It's an even worse idea than the bastardised single plane: It's a Weiand Tunnel Ram! Has anyone ever done a tunnel ram on a box?
                                At this rate it would seem like I might be ending up with a new Weiand Street Warrior in the springtime.

I've also ordered a few separate bits and bobs that I can't get from RA or our local US-parts.
                                Like this one:

Name:	20211029_222556.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1289752
                                Do you guys think it'll finally fix my FERD?
                                (it's just a cheap heatsink for HEI module, happened to be genuine GM)

Does anyone happen to have one of those molded plastic center consoles that might match a canyon red interior? Or any other great alternatives for friggin' cupholders?

Comment

Working...
                                X