Name:	IMG_2211.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1289759Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2213.jpg
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1289760

I have this. It is brand new. You may have to trim the underside to properly fit the hump. If interested, pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]57180[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57181[/ATTACH]

I have this. It is brand new. You may have to trim the underside to properly fit the hump. If interested, pm me.
      I was going to ask how big it is, but conveniently the barnfinds CP that WagonMan made a thread of has exactly the same console and dash
      Conclusion: too big for my taste.
      https://barnfinds.com/1985-mercury-g...ony-park-ls-4/
      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]57180[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57181[/ATTACH]

Do you maybe have one in another colour, or one that is in a worse state, so it needs repainting? Might use such a console for one of mine panthers...

Comment

Originally posted by bnw View Post
          Do you maybe have one in another colour, or one that is in a worse state, so it needs repainting? Might use such a console for one of mine panthers...
          Similar consoles aren't too expensive. That one happens to be older style with the cassette slots.
          https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-SC-CH...R%2CB001OML246

Comment

I have an old red one that has two cup holders that are only one size. Ebay has new adjustable ones for $15 and up. I can't match that price. That is the best way to go.

Comment

Had some discussion on a finnish forum about thermostats, waterpumps, heater cores and more specifically about heater core restrictors.
              I have seen those mentioned here and there on this forum aswell. That raised the question in my mind:

Should I get a heater core restrictor for mine? I'll be changing intake and heater hoses among other things in the spring.
              I'll be eliminating the broken and disabled heater core valve and the EGR cooler related T-piece and lines aswell.
              Of course it won't hurt anything, but is it really worthwhile, my heater core is original and the RPM range of my engine won't be changing at all.

Comment

My heater core failed several years ago, found out I already had a factory restrictor in place and yet it still failed. I think when it comes time to changing coolant in my cars they'll all get Evan's. Stuff doesn't expand and so maybe that'll help me get more life out of pressure sensitive items like that.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

What thats really for is to reduce flow in the core at high RPM so its less likely to blow up. Won't prevent it from going bad from age or normal driving but if you spend a lot of time at 5000 rpm its a good idea.

I remember the first drive in Natehawk's 351 swapped 85 Vic. The first WOT pull the core exploded just before the 1-2 shift. It was a fairly new heater core too. It got replaced and a restrictor went in.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    What thats really for is to reduce flow in the core at high RPM so its less likely to blow up. Won't prevent it from going bad from age or normal driving but if you spend a lot of time at 5000 rpm its a good idea.

I remember the first drive in Natehawk's 351 swapped 85 Vic. The first WOT pull the core exploded just before the 1-2 shift. It was a fairly new heater core too. It got replaced and a restrictor went in.
                    Well, I might do a WOT pull every now and then, but not regularly at all. Does a stock LoPo even reach 5k RPM when going WOT?

Comment

stock trans shifts about 4500 but you can manually hold first gear if you want to. No reason to, it doesn't make any power up that high.

basically its one of those things that isn't a bad idea, but I wouldn't stress too much about having one. The one in my car is just a washer that I stuck to the inlet of the heater core with a dot of RTV before putting the hose on.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm still going through my list of everything to do for the carb swap... Does the CFI choke heater power wire work the same as with a normal carb electric choke? Or is it timed by the ECM somehow?

Also thinking about giving the engine bay a little bit of spruce up.
                        How about gold valve covers and air cleaner like in the early 60's? Not really feeling the ol' Ferd Blue...
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6100.thumb.PNG.c75ac0ed28117f74bba5399c560c41cf.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1289902

Comment

Personally, I prefer the Ford Blue but if that doesn't work for you, the Gold looks spiffy!
                          What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                          What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I'd wager the choke pull-off power wire works the same way as a regular carburetor. The ECM didn't do much in '85.
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Derek nailed it. The wiring for the choke pull off goes straight from a stud on the back of the alternator to the choke. Be warned, it will only work with the one stud though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You need to know what voltage the choke heater expects. The stock system runs around 8 volts or so using the S (stator) terminal on the alternator. If the carb's choke heater wants 12v, that will cause it to either not open or take a very long time to open.

Comment

Working...
                                X