No announcement yet.

1994 lincoln town car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. EEC-II (MCU) forward had a self-test. I don't think EEC-1 did but that controlled almost nothing anyway. The older it is, the more limited the code output but by 84 it was getting halfway useful.

10 is a spacer code between current and stored codes if thats an engine-off scan.
    111 is all-clear, no codes.

guessing it did 111, 10, then the others? If so key on, engine off is good, space, then you have 3 history codes
    172 is right side lean
    176 is left side lean
    542 is fuel pump circuit fail.

if those are history, I'd clear them and see if it comes back. If this previously had a fuel pump fuse or fuel pump relay failure it could explain all 3 of those codes. Fuel pump circuit monitors voltage being sent to the pump, not so much that the pump is working. Basically if it loses power you get the fault code. Losing power while driving will make everything go lean and the engine will die.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I did a running test and got 136, 632, 536, i did start it without those ro hoses on the intake and it stalled, maybe that through the lean code? Also it said cyl 8
      Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 04-22-2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Also the 8 was in code format for example the 136 had a r above it, the 8 had cyl above it

Comment

Nvm the cyl 8 was the reader saying its a 8 cyl i though it was saying like a mis or something

Comment

if the intake hose wasn't connected you'll get strange mass air or fuel trim codes. Run it again with all the stuff connected proper like.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The last test was with eveything hooked back up and the battery had been disconnected the day before, i believe all i have is the 136 now, which im going to but my o2 sensor in first then look for other stuff, also should the pcv valve fit tight, mine seems to fit kind of loose and it look the same as the one i took out, both motorcraft

Comment

Welcome! Take some more pics, next time the weather is good.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200504_121547.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	1286942Click image for larger version

Name:	20200504_121517.jpg
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	1286943Click image for larger version

Name:	20200504_121248.jpg
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	1286944

Its dirty from it raining off and on, but not bad

Comment

That's not bad at all, very nice!

Also, Welcome! (better late than never I suppose, lol)
                    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Neat blue color.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks good, tell us the story about it.

Comment

I was told it was a 1 owner till 2017-2018 some where in there and the dude who owned it lived in California, his wife got real sick and wanted to be with the family in iowa, she died the kids moved in kick it out of the garage and made him sell it, the dude before me was going to use it as a hunting car(more or less trash it) but he decided it was to nice and it sat in his garage for and he only drove it in good weather

Comment

Too nice to be used as a hunting car. Great save!
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

the o2 sensor fixed my light, thanks for all the help everyone

Comment

Welp, i took a 2 hour round trip in her, made it back with a check air susp light, do you check those codes the same as engine ones? Also i had 3 people in the back, if that has anything to do with it, car sits lower on passenger side rear edit the hole passenger side is sitting lower
                                Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 05-24-2020, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X