1994 lincoln town car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994 lincoln town car

Just bought this car for my new dd, no rust not even surface!, less than 94,000 miles, no leaks and doesnt use oil, was wondering if theres anything i should do to it, also how do i tell if it has a limited rear end.also how do i post pictures
    Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 03-28-2020, 03:50 PM.

Cool looking forward to seeing it.

On any new to you vehicle it is worth going over the fluids and changing it out where it deems necessary.

I would recommend a good wash and cleaner wax just so you know it has some protection in it.

For pic posting make sure you "go advanced" in your comment page and then click on the paperclip to a paper icon next to the blue undo arrow. There you can drop desktop photos into your thread. Good luck.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I can't remember if the 94 fixed the recurring shudder going from third to fourth. It would go away after a fluid change but come back eventually. A plate trans cooler solved the problem for good. I believe you still have the torque converter drain plug in 94.

Get a nice heavy rear sway bar. You will like that. Better handling without a harsh ride.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Heres a pic dont have many at the moment
        Attached Files

Comment

As for the rear axle, check the vin tag on the door. Should be a 2 character axle code on the vin tag. Then check this thread: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...258-Axle-Codes

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I didnt feel a shudder on the 2hour drive home, but should it have a trans cooler i can delete for a larger one? Also by bigger sway bar do you mean the ppv crown vics bar?

Comment

Its says AX and under it has a y, meaning open and 3.08 gears yes? Sorry a bit slow lol
              Attached Files

Comment

Ah... single character codes... yes, Y should be 3.08 open. Highway gears as it were.

I think only tow package/performance package cars got the extra trans cooler. You should only have the base trans cooler that's built into the radiator.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Yes all automatic cars have a trans cooler typically in the radiator or more recently in the condenser. I did mean an aux cooler. Back then I just added the ford aux cooler from the dealer but there are many options.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I went ahead and bought a universal motorcraft old stock one off of ebay, what trans fluid do these take, ive read some conflicting arguements wheather mercronV is ok and mercronlll

Comment

originally was Dexron III / Mercon, its now Mercon V. The V fixes the converter shudder problem.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It prevents the problem rather than fixing it. yeah... some antics (semantics).

Comment

Im going to do a tune up on the lincoln soon and was wondering if its worth putting a k&n filter in, if theres any noticable gains, power or mpg wise, thanks for answering all my question as well! By the way by k&n filter i mean the ones that go right in the old box
                          Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 03-31-2020, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Don't waste your money on a K&N filter. Yes it seems to breath a little better and a slight gas mileage increase. You have to treat the filter maybe once a year or so. Based on what I have read, K&N filters do not filter fine sand well. Might cause more damage then they are worth. I had one on my 96 CVPI for a few years until I read up on what they do. Some people over saturate the filters when they respray them causing problems.

Comment

agreed, waste of money. Project Farm on youtube did some filter tests and found that the K&N is less restrictive but also lets more fine particles through. I'll take a bit of restriction to not be sand blasting the inside of my engine.

There is a small restrictor thing at the inlet of the air box. Remove that if you want it to sound faster.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X