No announcement yet.

1994 lincoln town car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the fluid is ok I would suggest checking the mlps harness for signs of water intrusion. Did it freewheel or downshift? Usually thats indicative of a misaligned or failing mlps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would say freewheel, because i heard the engine roar up, well i guess it could have down shifted, huh, do these have a like tv sort of bushing or something like that? Is it going to cause catastrophic damage if i drive the car say 10 miles? The mlps is the neutral safety switch yes
      Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 06-12-2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

No bushing to check as 94 is all electronic. You can push the OD-OFF button on the end of the shift lever and disable OD to prevent the issue to drive it around. If the transmission is all original, it's probably the torque converter clutches being pretty much shot. There could also be OD band issues and main clutch pack issues as well. The stock transmissions don't like to make it past about 130K miles with the soft shifting programming. A mild j-mod and rebuild with new torque converter will make it pretty bullet proof though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yes the mlps is the neutral safety switch. I would still check/replace it before messing with the transmission.

I vaguely remember a quick and dirty test where you put it in 2nd gear and floor it to I think check that the overdrive band is holding. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Comment

Is there an after market sensor or should i but a oem ford one
            Also we did get a shit load of rain monday and tuesday so

Comment

I’d stick with oem.

Comment

Is this what i want? https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-NEW-93-...-/252169941411

Comment

I went and looked at my sensor and they look the same so i bought it, it says its the oe ford upgraded part

Comment

Installed sensor, didnt do it to me on a 10mile test drive, thanks alot, i was pricing a trans rebuild lol
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-1300605378.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	1287164

Comment

Damn bro that sucks, well you tried.

Comment

Originally posted by 82EmilioPucci View Post
                        Installed sensor, didnt do it to me on a 10mile test drive, thanks alot, i was pricing a trans rebuild lol
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]54396[/ATTACH]
                        Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
                        Damn bro that sucks, well you tried.

This is currently a good outcome saving a bunch of money. Not a bad one where a transmission is required.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Oh I misread that, well good that is was just the sensor.

Comment

So im looking for a window regulator for my tc and found some that says fits 91-94 and i found one that says fits 94-97, i just feel thats not right

Comment

Also 94 is aode, not 4r70w yes, ive seen some conflicting stuff on that to

Comment

The aode and 4r70w are the same transmission. The aode is a little different than the 4r70w and shares the same gear ratios as the aod. But for all intents and purposes they are the same transmission.

Comment

Working...
                                X