No announcement yet.

1994 lincoln town car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After posting i did watch that project farms video, now especially in iowa none of my cars will have k&n, and i bought a snake tube style cooler by accident, the plate and fin design is what i want yes? Also how big is to big, i dont run it hard, just lots of stop and go, low speed crusing.
    Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 04-02-2020, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Both styles will cool.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Both styles work... the plate coolers just work better. I've had both on my 93 since the first rebuild and only the torque converter has needed to be replaced in the past 150K miles... and that was after 100K miles of weak sauce stock shifting burning up the lock-up clutch. I have the new clutch tuned to pretty much pound gears (as much as the stock valve body will allow) so it's firm shifting and firm lock-up engagement now and with the plate cooler... 3500 pound trailer at 75mph on the highway with the 3.55 rear gears is no issue.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Im looking at spark plugs on rock auto at the moment and was wondering, one plug said "replaces oe half thread design" what does that mean, ive never owned one of these ohc monsters also i read about these early 4.6 cars dont like anything but copper plugs, if anyone here has any experience with that
          Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 04-02-2020, 11:54 PM.

Comment

The original spark plugs only had four threads, all new replacements will have eight, but will only utilize the lower four.

The system is also waste spark, so you'd want to use double platinum in the engine, not copper. If you're wanting Motorcraft, everything lists a Finewire single platinum, which isn't really correct. A proper double platinum plug that will work for that engine is Motorcraft SP541 (AGSF32YRA). While that plug isn't listed for the application, it meets heat range and design specifications, and should give you no trouble. Typically I stick NGK in my stuff, but that's just preference.

My Cars:
            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

This is the post i read http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/...ad.php?t=85143 its about 3 posts down, by lithium cobalt

Comment

Originally posted by 82EmilioPucci View Post
                This is the post i read http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/...ad.php?t=85143 its about 3 posts down, by lithium cobalt
                Maybe in his experience, but you’ll be changing them in 15K or less. My ‘97 runs fine with them and isn’t too far derived from an earlier nPI 4.6.

My Cars:
                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Im trying to read the codes on the car i bought a adapter for ford 7pin to obd 2 and it didnt work(ish), i did the paper clip method and am having trouble understanding it. I cant upload the video on here as its in mp4(just tried) but i thinking getting 116, 136, 632, maybe 146, im going to uploas the video to youtube, ill post the link once its uploaded. Edit: https://youtu.be/Xdyciy6bS4U
                  Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 04-07-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I never had any luck counting flashes myself. Tho lots of guys here seem to be good at it.
                    If you can afford the 50 bucks this code reader worked well for me
                    https://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3145-F.../dp/B000EW0KHW
                    I'd go 50 bucks b/c imo the extension cable is needed, not just to read it from the front seat but also b/c the reader pins are flimsy. By leaving the cable plugged into the reader you'll never have to worry about the pins getting loose or breaking.
                    96 MGM
                    sigpic
                    Cruisin up and down the road...

Comment

That one looks good, my boss said his buddy might have one. If that doesnt pan out then ill have to buy that one, thank!

Comment

Watched the video and got these numbers:

116 - Engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor incorrect signal - Coolant level low, poor connection, ECT sensor, ECM
                        136 - Heated oxygen sensor (H02S), bank 2 mixture lean during KOER test - Intake leak, fuel pressure low, fuel filter/pump, injectors, H02S, AIR system, MAP sensor, ECM
                        536 - Brake pedal position (BPP) switch -circuit malfunction/no signal change during KOER test - Incorrect brake pedal operation, wiring, BPP switch, ECM
                        632 - Overdrive selection switch -no signal change during KOEO test - Incorrect switch operation, wiring, fuse, overdrive selection switch, ECM

The second 2 codes can be ignored as those are test codes meaning the brake and OD/OFF switch were not actuated at the appropriate time during the manually run tests. These are not regular PCM tests.

The first 2 codes however are what need to be looked into. The ECT issue is primary. The second code could indicate a an issue on the driver side of the engine. Clogged/low flow injector, intake gasket failure, oxygen sensor failure, exhaust manifold crack/gasket/mating surface failure (may not be a gasket present as these were not included from the factory and typically only used with aftermarket headers or when repairs are done). Other vacuum leaks would most likely show up with both sensors lean.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Was the engine warmed up first? If not you'll get 116. Cold engine might also have screwy fuel mix. If the engine is warmed up, change the ECT first and re-run the test. Bad temperature readings will mess with the fuel mixture.

check the vacuum line at the PCV valve. There is a rubber connector that cracks and can be enough to mess with the fuel mixture.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The car had run off and on, wasnt all the way up, but wasnt cool either, i did order a motorcraft pcv valve that came with some vacuum hose ill replace anyway, did buy a motorcraft ect sensor that came with the plug in to
                            Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 04-09-2020, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Also i dont know if it means anything, but the light comes on about 2 or 3 mins into driving and sometimes goes away if driving aways, 20mins or so

Comment

check the stored codes and see what that has to say.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X