No announcement yet.

1994 lincoln town car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes me think that the pigtail to the ECT is buggered like it was on my 93. Had an intermittent connection, but if I twisted it a little tighter in the way it had been twisted over the years, it would work. Replaced that pigtail and stopped having issues with random weirdness.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

pins stretched? Ford electrical connectors are not exactly the most robust things ever created.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The one im looking for is on the thermostat housing yes? Also i ordered the motorcraft coolant temp sensor off of rock auto and it came with a new plug and crimps, could my lean code be from my temp sensor? Also i got a new direct fit o2 sensor just beacuse its old and could be my problem. Also how do i check the stored codes
        Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 04-15-2020, 12:31 AM.

Comment

turn the key on and connect the self test jumper. It will flash the same as it does for the engine running test.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok, i did buy the scanner that was previously mentioned, and where is this temp sensor, theres 2 sensor that look the same on either front corner of the intake

Comment

I did the engine off code test and got 116 and 632, i know the od switch works so that on doesnt matter

Comment

Also if anyone was wondering, the temp sensor on the passengerside of the intake runs the gauge, the other is for the computer

Comment

Its installed, engine light came back on, but i didnt disconnect the battery

Comment

Yeah, you'll need to clear the codes to be sure.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

if the coolant temp sensor was why the CEL was on, it should go out without you having to reset anything. Guessing its got some other fault, but re-run the code check and see what it has to say.

Comment

But it going away may take some temp cycles to get done.

Comment

I did the test agian, i now have a 26, 632, and a 536, got that little scanner in the mail, its sweet!

Comment

should be all 3 digit codes there, so not sure what a 26 would be.
                            the other two I think are just not pushing stuff during the self test, not actual problems.

Comment

Ok ill do the test agian tomorrow��, the thing the scanner came with said it would scan 1980-1995, is there really a scan port on something that old?

Comment

Ok i did a key on engine off test and got 172, 176, 542 also it did repeat those codes and only showed 10, 111 once, edit the scanner has a c on all but 10 so that must br a scanner thing
                                Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 04-22-2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X