No announcement yet.

1994 lincoln town car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diag port is in the trunk on the passenger side, above where the jack should be in the side saddle area, but I don't think an OBD1 code reader will work with that port.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It started pouring rain while i was looking for it, i used my brain and i think the drivers rear is fully inflated and the passenger in at normal ride high

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200524_182723.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1287061Click image for larger version

Name:	20200524_182734.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1287062

Comment

the air suspension light basically only comes on when the compressor runs for too long and does not make trim height. Forget the timeout, maybe 60 seconds. Usually its an air leak but it might be a tired compressor, which is usually tired because it has an air leak. If the suspension doesn't sink, I'll bet its leaky where the line connects to the compressor and/or the air spring in the babck.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Its been the same height for a day now, i know from having it on a lift and turning the air susp off, you have to turn the air suspension back on and start it to get the lift arms out, the pump did run quite a bit, it runns every morning, but the car doesnt look any lower
            Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 05-25-2020, 01:43 AM.

Comment

On a lift check the connections with soapy water. There are only a few. One at compressor. A "t" and one on each shock. Or maybe one shock has two ports incorporating the "t" function. If the leak is in the shock itself I don't know where it shows a leak so I guess soap the entire bladder. I don't know where else the shock would loose air.

If there are no problems with the springs causing the lean It is probably the shocks. Do they have signs of oil leaks which is an indicator they have lost their normal shock absorbing function?

The only valve action is in the compressor. Each shock is directly connected to the other with no valves between them. So the pressure in each shock is always equal. So if the car really is crooked it is a suspension issue which includes the shocks & springs. I guess you are not carrying an anvil in one side of the trunk?

Even if the car is uneven does it go up and down when you add or remove weight ?
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I took a quick look at the air springs, there were some little cracks at the bottom of both, nothing i would think serious, my concern is the car sat level and everything 2 days ago, i was just looking on the ground, i cant see the shocks but i didnt feel and oil or wetness

Comment

I drove it today and i think i blew the air pump or the fuse, didnt hear it run, also i was looking at this kit, its pretty cheap for what it is i think https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index...ducts_id=47476, or if anyone else knows a good kit
                  Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 05-25-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

That's an air spring kit. You have air shocks.
                    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

94 is air springs, not shocks. Proper solenoids and all.

Don't replace the air springs unless they are actually leaking. If it doesn't sink, thats not the problem.

If the compressor doesn't run, figure out why. Not much there, fuse, relay, and pump. The pumps rarely die completely but they can get weak and refuse to make enough air pressure. If it runs and trims up to height, also probably not the issue. Soapy water is your friend. I'd bet you'll find it leaking somewhere, and it can be sorted out with some new O rings. If it is actually a bad air spring, the soap will prove it and then you can be confident that a new part will actually fix the problem.

yes I'm incredibly cheap, but people throwing parts at the air suspension system without diagnosing them is why they get such a bad rap. You can spend a bunch of money and replace all of the parts to hopefully make it function, but its a pretty fair bet that isn't necessary.

Arnott is probably the best bet for parts that actually work. Not the cheapest but its good quality.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Fuse was blown, ill get it on a lift soon and do that soapy water trick, i just ment if the pumps weak or a bags leaking ill just do the whole system and not have anymore problems seeing as its not super expensive, but if its just orings ill just do them

Comment

Arnott is the best for air bags. I got the HD limo bags with aluminum piston. Pricey but well worth it.
                          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I was looking at the picture!!!!
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

then each spring is controlled individually. Still soap is the best 1st bet if the pump runs.
                              02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

I got new problem with the town car, to start the transmission fluid is at an ok level and it a pink color, on my way back home it seemed to slip out of 4th 2 maybe 3 times, twice on a flat surface and maybe a 3rd up hill(could have been a down shift was hard tho) i didnt seem to lose an speed though
                                Also cruise was set at 60
                                Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 06-11-2020, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X