Coolant Tube Bypass Fitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant Tube Bypass Fitting?

I think this is for the '86 and '87 Panthers ( at least from what I have seen); my coolant crossover tube is not working with my current setup. How have people dealt with the engine coolant temperature sensor? is there an elbow fitting that incorporates a port for the coolant hose and threaded boss for the ect sensor? Or should I get one of those radiator hose cuff thingies (sorry for the lack of technical terminology) that has a port for sensors/temperature senders?

use an 88+ part. No pipe under the intake, its just an extended nipple with a threaded hole in the side for the ECT to screw into. The feed out to the heater core is just a nipple and you can use molded or bulk hose depending on what makes sense. 85 and older have basically the same part but one I think is straight vs a slight angle.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I hope my junkyard still has box Panthers left the next time I go there. There was an '88 that I was picking apart; but they crushed it a couple years ago. If I can't find any boxes; I may relocate the ect sensor to the radiator inlet hose. That should have enough flow to get input from the sensor. I have the old sleeve from the Ranger that I could use at least temporarily. Or use one of the plugged intake bosses; though, I don't know how much coolant flows through them.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1286711 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1014.jpg
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	1286712

Comment

Shoot Ed a PM he may have what you need. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/member.p...-Mustang-Eddie

I just met him the other day. He has a lot of 5.0 stuff and know what you are looking for. He is also parting out his box. He's keeping the engine but still make have what you need.

-David
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

not much flows at the back. I had a temperature gauge back there and it read really odd compared to the normal location gauge.

Wagonman may also have one if Eddie does not.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Don't know if either one of these will work for you but like David says I do have an 89 I'm parting out so I should have something for you.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20200331_203101.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1286718

Comment

the shorter one on the bottom works for me. Shoot me a PM; or I will shoot you a PM for details, payment, etc....

Thank you for reaching out; especially during these times

Comment

Working...
              X