No announcement yet.

'88 Box by accident....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian-market cars use a primary KMH speedometer, which goes to 180 or 200kmh (varying by year as I recall). This may be a part you may be interested in having shipped over; I know if it were me, I would.

And a late update is better than none at all - glad to hear the car is on the road
    Last edited by kishy; 04-21-2022, 03:38 PM.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
      Canadian-market cars use a primary KMH speedometer, which goes to 180 or 200kmh (varying by year as I recall). This may be a part you may be interested in having shipped over; I know if it were me, I would.
      That will be a question to my niece. I doubt she'll invest that money. Neither would I, as the speedometer has kmh on it already and, more important: That's just original.

Comment

Originally posted by 88ltdCV View Post
        That will be a question to my niece. I doubt she'll invest that money. Neither would I, as the speedometer has kmh on it already and, more important: That's just original.
        Not to be an asshat or anything, but if the car was entirely pristine like it was the day it left the showroom, I could see the originality having some weight to it. As it is though, that vehicle is no spring chicken. It's not going to hurt the value of it to buy the area correct speedometer, adjust the odometer to reflect the correct amount of km's on the vehicle and put the original speedometer in the trunk or wherever you keep parts specific to your Crown Victoria.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

It's quite alright, no offense taken. I'm just thinking entirely different. And "value" is not an issue. I got the box for approx. 1300 USD, invested like another 800 (most of it: 2 catalytic converters), some work (most: air pump cleaning + upper ball joints).

As the car is really 30 years Arizona-sun-rough on the outside, but riding like a charm (100mls to a meet today, even doing 100mph on the autobahn without any hiccup or problem), I tend not to change such things.
          Even the headliner is not sacking an inch.

Comment

Working...
          X