No announcement yet.

My 1968 Mustang Rustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right about that. To me; it's just a Crown Vic. To my Mom; it's her cherished hot rod. Which is the reason why I attempted to do what I did. If I got it to the point where I intend to get it (running good, suspension sorted out, and a decent paint job); it will be a nice car; but won't command the respect that your Stang will get if we parked them next to each other. It's just the way it is.

As far as the '80s FWD cars are concerned; they are classic cars now. I am beginning to see more of them fixed up on the road. I would even consider resto-modding one of those cars; if I had money and a little property. I would love to get that Olds FWD wagon (the Chevy Celebrity version) and pop a Buick drivetrain in there and see what it can do. Another one is the Chevy Chevette. Been a dream build of mine to get one and do a TT 4.3 build on it. Those builds would only have value to me; and maybe a couple other freaks who like driving sleepers.

Comment

honestly part of the reason I enjoy driving the Conti so much is that I don't have to care so much about it. Its got dings and the paint is already roached. I can just park it without concern.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That's how my truck is. About 1/8th of the fucks normally given in it's case. With my cars, I find it's not possible for me to ever give zero fucks, no matter how roachy they are.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I still can't believe there are people who would damage someone else's vehicle, either because of their own stupidity, selfish attitude, or sheer jealousy. So disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
            I still can't believe there are people who would damage someone else's vehicle, either because of their own stupidity, selfish attitude, or sheer jealousy. So disappointing.
            That is because you are viewing them through your own (and righteous, by the way) moral squint. Unfortunately, we now need to lower our expectations as low as possible and we'll be about right!
            What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
            What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
              That is because you are viewing them through your own (and righteous, by the way) moral squint. Unfortunately, we now need to lower our expectations as low as possible and we'll be about right!
              NEVER! Hahaha J/K

Comment

Not saying we should accept having our cars damaged (NO WAY!) but that we should acknowledge many other folks are not below doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
                  Not saying we should accept having our cars damaged (NO WAY!) but that we should acknowledge many other folks are not below doing so.
                  I hear ya man

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
                    In Jersey, you can gauge the people's respect of their own and other people's property by driving on the Garden State Parkway every morning. No matter how many accidents they see and wait in traffic because of; they still drive as carelessly as they do.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                      In Jersey, you can gauge the people's respect of their own and other people's property by driving on the Garden State Parkway every morning. No matter how many accidents they see and wait in traffic because of; they still drive as carelessly as they do.
                      That is a really good point

Comment

Yeah... see my dashcam footage. DFW traffic is sometimes just ... yeah ... Nuke it and let God sort it out kinda bad.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Been a while since an update.

A few things going on with this car... first which is driving it. It drives nicely now. Guess all the new parts got friendly with each other.

The grill has bugged me since I put this car back together. It looks like it's missing something IMO - too plain. So I added the factory style fog lights, which came on GT's and "Sprint B" package cars. Not correct for this car but they make the nose of the car look complete. Very happy with them.

Gadget73 helped me with some diagnosis of the radio that gradually stopped working. We reached a point of me not having the tools needed to do any further checking. I am sending it to him next week for some advanced diagnosis and hopefully repair, if it's repairable.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Fog lights look great.
                            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                            Past Panthers
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

They do look "factory" and are functional.

Comment

Love the foglights

Comment

Working...
                                X