• Show
Clear All

Indeed it is and yes you are!

Just look at this hack job Rustang:
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      Looking great ! Your doing excellent work. Better than any shop would.
      Thank you. I know there are some good shops out there but no way I could afford them.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      Indeed it is and yes you are!

Just look at this hack job Rustang:
      Oh man. What a mess. And someone has spent some serious cash to get it to that point. One thing I hear over and over again is, shop around for a shop. I try to do everything myself to keep from being unhappy with someone else's work.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Mustang looks awesome inside and out! Real head turner for sure.

Comment

That interior looks great!
          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            Mustang looks awesome inside and out! Real head turner for sure.
            Thanks. Part of me wishes it was a Mercury Comet Station wagon. I am a sick person.

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
            That interior looks great!
            Thank you. The seats are fairly comfortable. When you do yours, are you planning on an original style seat?

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
              Thank you. The seats are fairly comfortable. When you do yours, are you planning on an original style seat?
              I think so. If anything, I may go with the TMI sport seats (less extreme-looking bolstering than their Sport II seats).

My car originally came with a standard black interior, but I’ve been thinking here and there of what it would look like with and ivy deluxe interior. I think it would go very well with the original Sauterne Gold metallic.
              —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
              1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
              1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                I think so. If anything, I may go with the TMI sport seats (less extreme-looking bolstering than their Sport II seats).

My car originally came with a standard black interior, but I’ve been thinking here and there of what it would look like with and ivy deluxe interior. I think it would go very well with the original Sauterne Gold metallic.
                The sports seats look good. TMI sends free color samples. I like the black in this car okay, but it's so generic that I feel a difference color would have helped set it apart from more modern stuff. Can't just buy a modern car with blue or gold or green interior these days.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

A/C is working pretty good now. Had better air when the car was cold, so I figured it was something to do with the heat getting by. Found the blend door was not fully closing off the heat. Adjusted that and we are getting 41 out of the vents now. I'm happy with that. The vents are metal and are sweating. The heater box is sweating too, so it's plenty cold. I either have an oil leak at the oil pressure sensor, or the lower fitting is leaking on the compressor. I snugged that up. There is an adaptor to make the newer o-ring compressor match up to the rotolock service valves. May need to get different service valves that fit directly.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Looking excellent in the cockpit Ben.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Looking excellent in the cockpit Ben.
                      Thank you. Steering wheel is next.

But first... I noticed the passenger floorboard was soaked! It was draining correctly the other day. I don't see a problem, but it's possible I shifted the drain putting the carpet in. Drying it out and going to observe.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Looks good. 41 at the vents is plenty chilly enough for anyone.

I don't really get the "I'm a manly man, I don't need no AC" thing. If its not comfortable to drive around in, it won't get driven and isn't that the whole point? Then again I don't get people who own vehicles that will not drive them either. Its a car, not garage art.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Looks good! Was that 41 driving or idling? If idling it will probably get a little cooler out on the road.
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            Looks good. 41 at the vents is plenty chilly enough for anyone.

I don't really get the "I'm a manly man, I don't need no AC" thing. If its not comfortable to drive around in, it won't get driven and isn't that the whole point? Then again I don't get people who own vehicles that will not drive them either. Its a car, not garage art.
                            Depends on the car. A super low mileage six figure car will depreciate with any mileage so if it’s an investment I get it.

IMO the best classics to own are those that can be driven and enjoyed
                            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                            Past Panthers
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I thought I was that "no A/C" guy for a while. What it really amounted to was that I was too cheap to pay someone to fix It right, or buy the vacuum pump and gauges to do it myself. If a car came equipped with A/C, I'm now fully in the camp of it must work!

41 was on the road. Creeps a little in stoplight to stoplight traffic to maybe 45-46. I'm pleased.

When I vacuumed it down, it had a small leak somewhere. I found it today. A line from the reciver/drier (I don't know exactly what it's called on this system) is leaking. It was preassembled with the condenser and I never checked it. Hard to get to now. That's my next fix. Hopefully I will be able to get to it with the grille out. Otherwise... the scenario is going to be some serious disassembly of the front of the car. Boo.

Installed the new steering wheel today to cheer me up a little. Much like.

Going to put some smaller jets in the carb. I think she's a little fat.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

yeah the gauges are a little spendy, but they pay for themselves over time. My vac pump was 20 bucks from a flea market. Only thing it needed was a cleaning and an oil change, plus a fairly inexpensive little adapter to convert it from 1/4 flare to whatever fitting that R134a charge hoses use.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X