88 LTD CV LX in Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 LTD CV LX in Germany

I figured it would probably be best to start a thread here to show my latest project. Introduced it in the noob/newbee section, but here's the story again.

In December '19 a friend was about to buy two cars from a dealer, but the price was not quite right. I took a look at his stock, and this '88 LTD CV LX was there. Asking 2k5 Euros in approx 100 miles distance. I said, looks cool - he made a pre-deal with all three cars for an acceptable price. We drove up there, both his cars were ok, but I figured, well, not another project (all MoPars - see signature. The camper is in need of some mechanical things to fix - and we wanna camp out with it later this year).
    I was out of the deal, for the other my friend offered the difference, but the seller said "no". Ok, no deal, we drove home.
    In January, I met my friend again, and he was about to close with a different third car. I said, hey, for 1k EUR I'd take the CV anyway. We'll 15 min later, I got a text: "congrats".

And here she is - very pretty and nice condition - I like the burnt down clear coat of that Arizona car. Lived its life right in the sun, no rust issues so far. Approx 85k miles on the odometer, which I belive & CarFax confirmed (she failed almost all emissions test at first - maybe some shop needed some money...?).

Have not been able to drive it around though (except into my garage) - German officials are pretty tough on non-licensed cars...

Anyway. Stuff to do with the CV to get the roadworthyness confirmed and approved as classic car.

What has been done?
    • New H4 low/high beams
    • replaced all broken brake/stop/turn signal lights (really, all gone except front left turn signal...)
    • Put a new light in the clear lense up front - German Ingenieurs don't approve amber front lights. Will put a switch inside, to toggle amber/clear parking lights, though. I like the amber look
    • Put in a new air cleaner (there was none)
    • Fixed some more lightning
    • replaced the wipers

To be done:
    • check on the TV cable bushing
    • check the PCV screen
    • get the air pump running (it's stuck) and put in a new belt
    • replace all four shocks
    • check the brake system (fluid is fine - clear, no debris & no water in it)
    • Oil change engine + transmission
    • fix the gear indicator in the dash
    • get some working radio
    • get the rear power windows to work (new gear's already here, only clunking clack-clack-clack)
    • get the wiper working

Already checked the breaker (fine), the MFS according to manual (fine), the wiper motor (works) and mechanical switch inside of wiper motor (plastics and switch are fine), but wiper not running - or only unexpectedly sluggishly sometimes...
    Will do further checks this weekend, if my engine paint won't arrive by tomorrow. My camper's open south (oil pan off and to be repainted).

Here are some pics.

Working...
X