Colony park floor pans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colony park floor pans

My jump seat floorpan has rotted through, does anyone have any cheap suggestions on how to get it covered?
    So far Im considering abs plastic. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200407_174930_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1305242

Mine has been fiberglass for many years. Works well if it’s not completely gone only some holes. I pretty much wire brushed it by hand, vacuumed the mess, and laid 2-3 layers of fiberglass. Then undercoated the bottom side to seal it up.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
      Mine has been fiberglass for many years. Works well if it’s not completely gone only some holes. I pretty much wire brushed it by hand, vacuumed the mess, and laid 2-3 layers of fiberglass. Then undercoated the bottom side to seal it up.

Fiberglass sounds good, does it hold up well? Mine isn't ready to fall out yet, but it's not far off from doing so.

Comment

I don’t think it’s as ideal as welding in a patch panel but as long as both sides are sealed it works fine. It’s pretty strong stuff if you layer it. It bonded to the surface rust. You might consider treating the surface rust with a rust converter coating first for maximum protection.

I’m betting your rear window leaks causing the rust?
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

https://youtu.be/BZLpJJOiK6M

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            I don’t think it’s as ideal as welding in a patch panel but as long as both sides are sealed it works fine. It’s pretty strong stuff if you layer it. It bonded to the surface rust. You might consider treating the surface rust with a rust converter coating first for maximum protection.

I’m betting your rear window leaks causing the rust?
            I have some of that banned rust dissolving gel, so treatment isnt an issue. And yeah along with the sound deadening saturating with water.

Comment

Working...
            X