Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTB Driver Power Mirror and Tripminder

Hi all,

I am looking to track down a power driver mirror for my '86 CS as the glass has cracked right down the center giving me a weird bifocal effect on mine. Makes backing up to a chain link fence in the dark a bit challenging.

Also looking for a tested Tripminder that preferably has functional buttons. I believe these are universal across all years but I could be wrong.

Thanks!
    1986 Country Squire
    1969 Mercury Cougar
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88"

If the mirror is the same as an 89 gm I have it.

Comment

Have you looked into replacement glass for the mirror ? Go on ebay They have them for about $18. Less labor then r/r the whole mirror from the car.

Comment

Go to a glazer (glass shop) they will cut a mirrored pice to fit your mirror.

Comment

Ordered the glass online, didn't even think to check for that. I am still on the hunt for the Tripminder if anyone has one lying around. I am waiting on an Ebay vendor to test the one they have, but I would prefer to support a forum member if possible.
          1986 Country Squire
          1969 Mercury Cougar

Comment

Still on the hunt for a Tripminder, missed the one I was scoping out on Ebay.
            1986 Country Squire
            1969 Mercury Cougar

Comment

You will want to find a pre '89 tripminder to make things easier. There was some change in the wiring in '89 that would make it much more difficult to install in your '86.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
              X