Manual swap pedal assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual swap pedal assembly

Is there any other way to install a clutch pedal, without welding it to the current bracket? Couldn't I just put in a mustang or f150 assembly and just drill in new mounting points?

Check out YouTube 50tussin I believe is the user name. Me.Blue on this forum. He adapted a mustang pedal assembly with some bits of his Lincoln pedal assembly to his car. Not much details on the video but he did do it.

I’ve built a panther pedal assembly with clutch pedal and it looks oem. My father had no idea it was something I built and he has worked for Ford since the 80’s. It is not too hard to do.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Check out YouTube 50tussin I believe is the user name. Me.Blue on this forum. He adapted a mustang pedal assembly with some bits of his Lincoln pedal assembly to his car. Not much details on the video but he did do it.

I’ve built a panther pedal assembly with clutch pedal and it looks oem. My father had no idea it was something I built and he has worked for Ford since the 80’s. It is not too hard to do.
      I just checked out his channel, and I got to say he's a pretty cool host. Plus I was a bit a t5 can handle the weight of that lincoln, Ive been underestimating those gearboxes.

Comment

no small amount of it has to do with how you beat on it. GoodSamaritan used to run a 4 cyl T5 in a station wagon. It was behind a lopo but it had oversize tires and a lift kit.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
          I just checked out his channel, and I got to say he's a pretty cool host. Plus I was a bit a t5 can handle the weight of that lincoln, Ive been underestimating those gearboxes.
          He is a really cool dude from the videos. Dont know if the t5 will handle the lincoln as it has not been down the track yet. He LOVES the drag strip. Lucky for him he knows how to rebuild them...and has had to rebuild them from running them in his mustangs.

It will last forever if used normally. Power shifting will kill it I am sure.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            no small amount of it has to do with how you beat on it. GoodSamaritan used to run a 4 cyl T5 in a station wagon. It was behind a lopo but it had oversize tires and a lift kit.
            I assume that's with most oem gearboxes behind a v8. Im hoping a 3.73 will at least ease the stress on the case and shafts.

Comment

He is a really cool dude from the videos. Dont know if the t5 will handle the lincoln as it has not been down the track yet. He LOVES the drag strip. Lucky for him he knows how to rebuild them...and has had to rebuild them from running them in his mustangs.

It will last forever if used normally. Power shifting will kill it I am sure.
              I saw in one of his videos that he used some parts that helped with the input shaft's stability, among a few other things.

Comment

The upgraded bearing retainers.

With these cars it seems the rear ends can explode. A rear end girdle is recommended to prevent the main caps from pull out.
                ~David~

Comment

The upgraded bearing retainers.

With these cars it seems the rear ends can explode. A rear end girdle is recommended to prevent the main caps from pull out.
                  Ive heard of the tubes rolling before, some type of reinforcement is definitely on the to-do list for the axle. Either tacking the tubes or something

Comment

What year car are you looking to put this into? If 89 and lower I can build you one if your provide everything. ....Mustang pedal assembly, panther pedal assembly and info if you want the cruise deactivate switch as well as the clutch sense switch as well as clutch safety switch. It is all custom work but I have done it and know what to do.

My build progress of the assembly.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post810949

After getting this one installed I found out things I would like to to differently as well. So the next one that comes out would be even better.

You let me know.
                    ~David~

Comment

So on the t5 swap, would slip yoke from a tremec 3550 help retain the ability to use the stock driveshaft?

Comment

I used my stock drive shaft. Fit perfectly right into the manual trans.
                        ~David~

Comment

Working...
                        X