Antenna on an 1989 Lincoln TC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antenna on an 1989 Lincoln TC

I managed to bend my antenna mast on my TC. Stupid, stupid. I left it up in a car wash.

The antenna is a power model. I think I just broke the mast and the motor is still good. What parts should I buy--what do you recommend? Can you suggest a particular vendor and or part brand? Who would be best to fix this?

Thanks for help guys!

Need a mast, not a big deal. If you remove the 2 flat nut at the base of the mast you can run the antenna all the way up until the mast and such comes out. New one goes in the opposite way, just use the motor to pull it in.

not sure who makes decent new ones, last one I installed was a 30 year old NOS piece that I bought accidentally and had sitting around for 10+ years until I ended up with a car that it fit.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have a crap one left from buying 3 for my 93's power antenna. I wouldn't sell it to anyone because it's so crap. There's almost no contact between the sections. The metal is so thin that I think it would bend at 90mph. I ended up replacing the broken one with one off a junkyard car IIRC, but then I stopped listening to the radio and just leave the antenna down now. Hasn't been raised in at least 6 years except on the rare occasion I feel like resetting the radio stations on my head unit. Haven't even done that in 2 years.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
      X