Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 MGM Vacuum line routing

Hi all,

I'm an idiot. Took off intake plenum to replace valve cover gaskets. Now can't remember what hoses go where. There is a large pipe pointing to the front of car under the plenum. What connects there?

The problem was compounded by some hoses disintegrating.

There is a sensor that bolts onto passenger side top of firewall. It has a nipple on it and an electrical plug. What hose plugs on the nipple? This the MAP right?

Sorry guys! I just jumped in on the job.

The tree facing the back should have one fat and 2 skinny lines. Fat goes to the vacuum tree on the firewall. One skinny to the emissions stuff on the fender, the other goes to the fuel pressure regulator.

The single med size fitting facing the rear in the center goes to the MAP sensor. Thats the black thing on the firewall with the plug.

The one on the front center goes to the evap solenoid that hangs between the fender and the engine

The other one on the front center loops to the T on the rear corner of the manifold, other side of the T goes to the PCV valve
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks gadget73 I'll take a look tomorrow.

Comment

The evap solenoid that hangs between the fender and the engine is the same as E4ZF-9C915-AA Vapor Canister Purge Valve? The must be true because she's running right now.
        Last edited by jrhende6; 05-03-2020, 08:58 PM.

Comment

not sure what the part number is, but vapor canister purge, evaporative emissions purge, same thing. cylinder shaped thing, 2 hoses, 2 wire electrical plug.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks again. You got me running good!

Comment

Working...
            X