Floor mats for Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor mats for Box

I've been looking for the right floor mats for Sherrie. Seem to fit pretty well without cutting them. I might trim the passenger front corner a bit.
    I was gifted some Weathertech mats.
    P/N 11AVMSG They are very pliable and don't move at all. I did not install the supplied mat hooks YET. If they need it, I will.
    Here's a couple shots. I like them.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200502_185903.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	952.2 KB
ID:	1305263
    Drivers fits like it was made for it.

Name:	20200502_185940.jpeg
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1305264
    Straight down at the back mat.

Name:	20200502_185911.jpeg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1305265
    Passenger side.

Overall rating A+ I'll keep them.
    All FORD All The Time

Weathertech makes good stuff. Expensive but good. I have the winter tray type made for the Subaru. Must have item living here.

Comment

That does look like a nice fit.

Curious about other color options.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Have been looking for some rubber mats for my MGM too.
        Browsed some at a general auto parts store, I had some measures up but forgot to bring the tape measure to the store.
        Those are way bigger than I would've though to fit.
        I was mostly worried about thick mats being under the gas pedal, do you get full travel with those?
        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
        1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

I am running OEM Ford mats from newer Crown Vic. Fit like a glove.

Comment

I was gifted the Weathertech mats as pictured in this thread, and while they do cover the floor space pretty well and are made of a nice material, they are seriously deficient in one of the areas that Weathertech mats are specifically promoted to help with:

The shallow main area of the mat, plus the shape of the channels (where it's intended you may cut the mat to change its size/shape) will direct water straight off the side of the mat, into the carpet.

Their usefulness therefore depends heavily on your intended use of them. I ended up finding something with a much deeper "pan" design but can't think of what it was at the moment. Doesn't fit the floor as nicely, but does hold the water.
            Last edited by kishy; 05-09-2020, 12:52 PM.

Current driver: Ranger
            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
            | 88 TC | 91 GM
            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

I had the Weathertech knock-offs from Walmart in the Mad Marquis. Years of abuse and still in top shape when I sold the car. Nice deep pattern for catching crap. Worked great and were only $20 at the time. Go figure, not available now, but the closest thing my Wally World has now is this Goodyear set: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-...iece/410524621

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Another brand worth looking into is the Husky. At their website, Item 51051 front and 52021 rear fits aeros and whales. $60.30 pair.
                It's all in what you need. Agree with Kishy, Whatever brand or cost is no good if they don't keep the carpet clean and dry. Especially in the wet winters. Even then, nothing is perfect.

Comment

I think my Merc is going to get a set of these. I'm very surprised how well they stay in place without a mounting pin.
                  All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
                  X