My 2011 CVPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2011 CVPI

So i just picked up a 2011 cvpi the other day and i now return to the cars i know best. It has 143500 on it and runs decent. Needs an O2 sensor and a good tune up from what i can tell. Need to go thru and fix all the wiring they cut and messed with when removing the cop stuff. Switched most of the bulbs inside to led's blue map lights, white dome and ticket lights, reverse lights. O2 sensor is a pain in the ass my only complaint so far. Pics to come when i get my phone back on.
    2018 F150 XLT 43k
    1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
    1968 Buick Riviera

Was it a city car or a highway car ? Did you get it at auction or private party ? Any rust issues ? In NY I would suspect rust.

Comment

It was a county sheriff car, no thru rust just some small spots trying to come thru, paid $1600 from a dealer.
      2018 F150 XLT 43k
      1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
      1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Great price on that. Get on that rust before it gets through for sure. Sounds like it just needs a good 'ol tune up (plugs, air filter, clean the MAF, clean the TB) and a J-mod on the trans. and it'll be ready to go for another 300K+. Don't forget to change the rear axle fluid if it hasn't been done by now.

In for Pics
        These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Very good price from a dealer. Dealer more than likely did not want to deal with the electrical problems. Check for cut wires under the scuff plates and around the B pillar.

It is amazing how many departments are still using the CVs. I think there is a company that totally rebuilds them and resells them. They are a great value. They did that when the Chevy Caprice was discontinued. Those were a very high maintenance vehicle so they did not last long. They were very fast though.

Comment

Working...
          X