Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rims

I've got these older rims which don't fit on my 2004 GM. Is there a way to make them fit, spacers or something like that perhaps?
    They touch the calipers....

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series: "Albert" my daily driver
    1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series: "Don Vito Corleone" my Summer Cruise
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 Grand Marquis LS: "The Boss" with floor shifter (loved it) - R.I.P.
    1997 Crown Victoria: "Victoria, the Armadillo" R.I.P.
    2003 Lincoln Town Car: "Nikkatello" - R.I.P. (Miss you the most)
    1995 Grand Marquis: "Gustavo Gonzales, the dirty Mexican" - R.I.P.

Spacers will work.

The wheels will stick out if the wheel well a lot. May not be the look you are going for. Consider before buying spacers.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      Is there different sizes for the spacers? What would I have to look for?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

You can put like a 1/4" spacer on that they sell at parts stores, they WILL be just outside the front fender since they are low offset(+12 or so) and your stock wheels are high offset(+50)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
        1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

You would be better off, and have a better fit, using 2005+ Mustang wheels.
          '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
          formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

I have a set of Mustang wheels from a Mustang GT, 17". But the smallest tire to go on there is a 245 and I'm not that rich to buy new tires for those rims [emoji23]. Plus they don't look like the GM wheels at all and I do like the look of the GM wheels.
            Thanks alot for your replies, I'm gonna try the spacers first, before I cave in to those Mustang rims....

Comment

Which MGM wheels do you have on it now? There are several different styles from 03-11 that will fit fine (though not having them on hand will of course raise the price of things as you'd have to acquire them).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Right now I have the ones that came with the car, they are nasty but it was the only option at the moment. I had to get a new set of new tires and wanted 16" tires on the older rims. Wanted to keep the nasty one for the winter tires.

Comment

Spacers will make the problem worse. The 02- wheels will stick out considerably past the wheel well on an 03+ car. Adding spacers just pushes them out more. Expect ball joints to wear quickly along with it looking generally silly.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Gadget73, what you say makes sense. I don't want it to look like a "hick car" [emoji23]
                    I'll deal with the ones I have on right now, perhaps sell the older ones. Although I spent a full summer taking all that crappy looking clear coat of and polishing the outer rims to a shine. F**k

Comment

Something to keep an eye out for would be a set of these popping up in the usual places if you like the wide spoke design (instead of the Y spoke like you have now): https://www.getallparts.com/Mercury-...-rim-3622.aspx

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                      X