Not lining up. Park revrse n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not lining up. Park revrse n

My dash no longer lines up with the gear that its in. Like drive is between neutral and drive. Everything has scooched over. Any thaughts on what needs replaced?

There is a white collar that goes around the shifting arm on the steering column. They break very easily. A zip tie around the collar will likely right your situation. Might also be the black plastic tab the little string attaches to, which maybe able to be repaired with an epoxy, or you’ll need I source a new/used one.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...iABEgLtW_D_BwE

I am not sure what year your car is but the part listed above is similar to what you will need if you find adjusting the cable does not help.
      2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

When you either replace the shift indicator cable with collar or "fix" the current one, block the wheels and put your car in neutral. then line up the needle with the middle of the N. Tighten down. Shift up and down and look at the positioning. If it needs fine adjustment, then you can do so at the neutral position again.
        Some cars have a gear on the side of the shift indicator cable. That is where the adjustment is. Once again, do it in the neutral position.
        Don't know the year of your car.
        Nos Ford parts are still available maybe not through the dealer though. Dealer parts department can get a part number if you don't have one. Your old part should have it on it.

Comment

Working...
        X