Fox Body Long Tube Headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sick88tbird View Post
    Headman Fox-body longtubes are stupid close. Driver side drops right in, just need to tweak the fuel line bracket to get it away from the header. Passenger side can be made to fit, 5.0tussin did it on his Lincoln TC. I will be notching the frame on the passenger side when I do it. With the right tools and some planning, you could probably notch and weld up the frame without even pulling the engine...it’ll be much easier with it out though.
    That was what my Dad said when he saw what I did to the mid-lengths to make them fit. The speed shop that modified my flexplate said the same thing too; I should have had the car towed to their shop so they could notch and reinforce the X-member.

Who knows; I may revisit the exhaust in the future as the welder that sealed my exhaust, straightened the pipes and wrecked some of my geometry (though, it was my fault as well, since I didn't mark the exhaust properly). And my exhaust ran a bit longer than intended, so I dumped it at the rear axle. At some point, I really want to run tailpipes.

Comment

Working...
    X