Parking light screw size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking light screw size

Does anyone know the size of the screw that holds the side marker housing on a whale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't find it I can go pull one out of my 03 and check it.
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

I would appreciate it. I remember it being a coarse thread maybe #8 or so on my 98 p71. They’re cheap enough to buy a few of and try out if need be.

Comment

Ok, just pulled one. It's 1" long from the backside of the head to the end, 1/8" wide, has 16 coarse threads on it. And it's stainless. Not sure what screw size that equates to but there you go.
        These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Thanks man, I ended up buying a pack of #8 sheet metal screws to try out. I don’t have the car right now but when I do I’ll try them. I’m sure its the same size. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X