vacuum lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vacuum lines

So the vacuum line that goes from the can shaped vacuum canister to the firewall has a hole in it I was wondering if I should buy a vacuum line from the store or order it online, since its one of those skinny vacuum lines. Thanks for the help.

I’ve patched mine together with regular rubber vacuum line when the hard plastic stuff breaks. Works just the way it should.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I ditched all the hard plastic on mine years ago. It was crumbling and brittle. Standard rubber hose and colored zip ties to ID them have been working for me. Colored heat shrink tube bands at the end would be a slightly prettier solution.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think he means the skinny HVAC vacuum line from the soup can... it's that slick-ish skinny stuff. Just get some regular vacuum hose, cut the line where the hole is and push it inside the regular vacuum hose with at least half an inch on either side of the cut. 2-inch section would be perfect and should last. ID on the regular vacuum line should be 5/32 IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

thats what I figured he meant. My car had as many patches as line, at which point I tossed all of it and ran new runs of rubber vac hose from point to point as needed.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X