speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedo

So last year I replaced my speedo cable because it was bouncing, I also replaced the speedo gear, and sensor assembly, as well as using dorman graphite speedo lube. After replacing, it still continued to bounce from 0-40 km, I also noticed if i dont have it fully seated into the cluster it performs better and doesnt bounce as much, I was wondering if the actual speedo assembly/cluster is worn out. What do you guys think?

Did you replace the cable and housing or just the inner cable? if you replaced the entire assembly did you route it exactly as the original cable was run?

Years ago when I replaced a cable or lubed one I would clean the cable new or used then with a handful of white lithium grease we would pull the cable through the grease while forcing the grease into the cable by squeezing the hand with the grease.
    If I remember correctly it would take a couple handfuls of grease before the cable was packed properly, Back then all we used was White lithium grease I never tried the Dorman stuff but never had a comeback using White lithium either so we had no use to try other products.

If you only replaced the inner cable the outer part of the cable assembly may be worn and dragging on the cable creating too much friction or the old outer part of the cable may be dirty with dried grease.
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

I replaced the entire cable, I think I'll try using a handful of white lithium grease to see if that fixes it.

Comment

Working...
      X