No announcement yet.

Lmr 130 amp kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the sound of the older starter. Plus they're cheaper.

Comment

I want to order this kit for the 89 TC. The question I have is this: Is the alternator bracket for a 302 Mustang offered in this kit compatible with the TC bracket ? Has anyone used this ? I want a total plug and play mod. ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	sve-mustang-130-amp-alternator-bracket-full-upgrade-kit-86-93-5-0-5-8_8e155670.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1288835

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
        I want to order this kit for the 89 TC. The question I have is this: Is the alternator bracket for a 302 Mustang offered in this kit compatible with the TC bracket ? Has anyone used this ? I want a total plug and play mod. Thanks[ATTACH=CONFIG]56069[/ATTACH]
        You shouldn't need to swap the bracket, plus the Mustang has it on the wrong side of the engine. The 3G and 6G alternators will go right into our brackets with essentially no fuss. I've heard some folks have had to grind their brackets a little to get enough adjustment, but I've put a 3G in a '85 LTD and a '89 Colony Park with no grinding, and I've had a 3G and recently fitted a 6G in my '87.

That kit will definitely provide everything else you need though. If you really wanted to avoid cutting on your factory harness very much, you can even re-use your existing voltage regulator plug. Just gotta cut the white stator wire and splice on the new single plug connector from that kit to it.

My Cars:
        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Skip the bracket wont do you any good.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Good advise, thanks. Will order hopefully today. I will have my mechanic install it. At $70 an hour I don't want him dinking around trying to get stuff to fit.

Comment

At most, you'll need to clearance the inner lip on the lower bracket. That's all. Takes about 5-10 minutes with a grinder. Maybe 15 with a die grinder.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I must be the only person with a 3g and an intact alternator bracket
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  I must be the only person with a 3g and an intact alternator bracket
                  I've never ground/modified the brackets on any of the cars I've done installs on.

My Cars:
                  -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                  -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                  -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                  -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Same here, I left my brackets alone on both, although I can see how it would help to grind that bracket down a little especially if you have a larger pully on the altenator.
                    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

lmr. the company that sell this kit has a veteran/military discount available for 6 % off. Pm me for the code. Plus there is free shipping over $49.
                      I bought a kit for one TC. If it turns out good, I will do the other.

Comment

Working...
                      X