PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Ev6 style injector

Default Ev6 style injector

Eventually il have to go from 19 lb to 24 lb injectors. The new style which is like turning the nozzle on a windex bottle from straight shot to mist it looks like, is spose to be either better or more efficient in some kind of way. Have you guys heard anything on this?

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

The later ones are a 4 hole vs the old 1 hole. Should atomize and burn better.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I'm running the 19LBS EV1 4 hole injector from a '97 Marquis on the '87. TecNickal used the 19LBS EV6 ones from the Explorer donor in his '89. I watched some demonstrations between EV1 single pintle and the EV1/EV6 four hole, and needless to say both four hole styles certainly atomize the fuel better than the old single pintle units. I'll mention the EV1s seem to click louder than the later stuff, but functionality wise, they seem similar.

Honestly I'd say go for either style given what's available and most cost efficient.

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (210K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

In theory the EV6 style are better. and i'm sure they are. I switched to them and didn't really noticed a difference. I then switched back to EV1 (i forget why). If you switch, the computer is programmed for the injectors you use. so if you switch them, and they are slightly different, the benefit may be canceled out by the lack of proper programming for that injector
    -Phil

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, GT40 Heads, Edelbrock 1906 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, Baumann Shift kit.

+1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    In theory the EV6 style are better. and i'm sure they are. I switched to them and didn't really noticed a difference. I then switched back to EV1 (i forget why). If you switch, the computer is programmed for the injectors you use. so if you switch them, and they are slightly different, the benefit may be canceled out by the lack of proper programming for that injector
    We switched them back because you had weird running problems even with the correct injector specs. They came from my car when I opted to get 60lb DEKA injectors.

You are 100% correct. Injector specs need to match the injectors. The 24lb injector from a 93 cobra does not act the same as a 24lb injector from say an 05 Navigator etc. The operating specs and characteristics are different and can cause running problems and inaccurate fueling.