King ranch seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King ranch seats

Ive never retrofitted an interior. I know itl take some measuring, but if the mounts for the track can be easily done and the seats physically fit inside.. You think i could wire em so the adjustments work? These are two captons chairs with a big storage/cupholder console.

For me wiring things is the easy part. Fabricating mounts or whatever it takes to make the seats fit is not something in my skill set.

If you can make them fit, there are a few guys on here that are good with wiring and can help figure it out.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I've helped a friend retrofit power seats to an Audi A6 that came with manual seats. That was just bolt-in, the seats just needed their own power wires, as the controls were on the side of the seat, pinouts for the rest were same. Wiring externally operated seats is probably a nightmare.

I'm assuming you don't have to worry about airbags, since those require signals from the belt buckles to arm airbags.
      Mocking up the seats on wood blocks is the best way to check fit, seating position and take measurements for brackets. Make sure the all the seat adjustments are in the middle of their travel before creating brackets.
      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

If the controls are on the seat already, it'll be cake. Just bolt in, power up (2 wires) and done.

If the controls are on the door... then it's wiring diagram patchwork.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

honestly you may be better off mating the stock seat base to the new seats. The original is wired for the car, and it fits the floor. Seats are basically just a box on the bottom. If you have to make some new holes or whatever to mount the seat track to the seat, thats not a big deal.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I would imagine that the king ranch seats are much taller than the panther seats. Might just be an optical illusion. But the though of putting king ranch seats in a vic did cross my mind.

Comment

part of why I was thinking swap the tracks. Some of that height is probably in the base/motor assembly.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think truck seats could be an issue for those reasons.

Comment

Working...
                X