WTB Ford 15x6 1/2 steel wheels with nubs for hubcaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Ford 15x6 1/2 steel wheels with nubs for hubcaps

Long shot but will ask. Looking for 4 Near perfect 15x6 1/2 FORD steel wheels to fit my 1996 CVPI. No gouges around the edges from hubcaps. Not needing to be repainted. Need to have the nubs around the center that hold the hubcap on. These are not the new type steel wheels
    If they are located very near Maine,like NH,MA,etc, I may be able to pick them up.
    Everything here is either rusted or has been crushed.
    My wheels have gouges as my car had the full wheel covers until I bought it. Don't want to repaint over gouges.

How much are you looking to pay? I've seen them new/refurbished online for around $54 shipped: https://www.wheelsandcaps.com/Ford-L...gaAtMVEALw_wcB

looks like there are only 3 available though...
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
      How much are you looking to pay? I've seen them new/refurbished online for around $54 shipped: https://www.wheelsandcaps.com/Ford-L...gaAtMVEALw_wcB

looks like there are only 3 available though...
      That is a good price delivered. I have to make sure that number is for the Police interceptor. Two different styles of steel wheels made for those models. I would take 3 now if those are correct. Thanks !

Comment

Be advised that there are 2 different sized hubcaps; the smaller brushed finish that says "ford motor company "around the circumference, and the larger diameter polished units with the oval and ford script in the middle. They are not the same "nub circle" diameter and they will not both fit on the same wheels. I ran into this in the past, after having wheels powdercoated!

The larger polished caps carried PN FOAZ-1130-A are are 11".

The smaller caps are seen here, and are 10.5".
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Ford-F...EAAOSwPTNewHFP
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I have the F0AZ 11" Thanks!! Didn't know about the wheel center being a different wheel from the 80s version. Interesting as the part number originally starts with D9AZ then goes to F0VY then to F5AZ with two versions. The rebuilder/refinishers refer to the Ford numbers equal to "their wheel"

Comment

I have several wheels from cars I parted out. The wheels that take the 10" smaller caps are 6" wide and the wheels that take the 11" caps are 6 1/2" wide. Don't get excited, the rims I have are rusty and bent! LOL! WagonMan
            89 Colony Park
            90 Colony Park
            70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
              I have several wheels from cars I parted out. The wheels that take the 10" smaller caps are 6" wide and the wheels that take the 11" caps are 6 1/2" wide. Don'tget excited, the rims I have are rusty and bent! LOL! WagonMan
              Thanks, 6 1/2 is what I need. That is why I have trouble finding them in the East... RUST.

Comment

My 90 wagon SPARE is a 15x6.5 with the 10.5 hubcap nubs. It’s a fairly early car 10/89. It’s been used with full hubcaps though, so not what you are looking for. I wonder if Aero full size spares have the 11” nubs and be 6.5”?
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

No... aero spares are smooth. No nubs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I think Aero police package cars have all 5 wheels with the nubs. WagonMan
                    89 Colony Park
                    90 Colony Park
                    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

My 90 and 96 CVs have the same wheels and same hubcaps. both wheels have the nubs. The 89 Lincoln spare has the nubs too. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1287119 Tomorrow I will get a picture of the damage that the full wheel covers did so you will see what I do not want to see. In my opinion I don't want to paint over the damage, maybe you guys have a solution other than new wheels.

Comment

If the damage isn't too deep, sand it out. If you want to get them powdercoated, there are fillers available that conduct electricity and will take the curing oven heat.
                        I have used Lab-Metal for smoothing old chopper parts before powdercoaing for years with no issue. https://www.alvinproducts.com/Produc...ID/3/Lab-metal
                        You could easily make a crappy wheel with rusted pits and gouges look perfect.
                        All FORD All The Time

Comment

I think the Lab metal will work ! I watched the video. Easy to do. Cost effective, I can use my existing rims that I know look right and fit right. Once the product dries, it can be primed and painted. The most expensive thing will be the re balancing of the wheels. Thank you clutch 47 !

Comment

Working...
                          X