09 P71 radio swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

09 P71 radio swap

So I知 trying to swap from the base fleet radio to the upper level radio with a cd player in my 09 P71. I have the 16 pin radio harness and I知 making a harness to put in the 24 pin harness following the pinout on

http://www.idmsvcs.com/2vmod/radio/index.html

The issue I知 running into is that some of the pins don稚 seem to be in the right spot and when I plug in the new radio if I press the on button the clock will display for a few seconds then go blank. Can anyone confirm the wiring schematic in that link is correct? It could be the head unit but I want to rule out my wiring job first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have a clue or a pinout of at least the power and grounds on the 24 pin connector?

Comment

Which 24 pin connector is it? Searching brings up a couple different ones.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The weird one: https://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-F...5_pinout.shtml

The normal looking one: https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewto...p?t=169777&c=1

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

It looks like neither of those. If you scroll down to the part where it shows the 03+ 24 pin connector in the link I posted thats the one I bought but the pinout doesn稚 seem right.

Comment

I'll attach the 2008 diagrams. The wiring manuals shows a 16 pin or a 24 pin+8pin (Sanyo head unit) connector-there is no 290B connector.
            I know for the 2008cvpi, the base radio used the old vic radio wiring, and the civillian and grand marquis used an updated (new) connector. No idea what happened for 2009.

Alex.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you I値l look into it tomorrow. It was the sanyo connector I知 trying to retrofit. I know it can be done. I知 hoping the wiring is messed up and the head unit is fine.

Comment

Excuse the potato pics, sanyo diagrams.
                Attached Files

Comment

That would be the "weird one" I linked to... though that was the truck pinouts.

Comment

I think I figured it out, theres a pin missing on the reverse harness for the 16 pin connector for another 12v. I might have to go out and buy another one. Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                    X