AC problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC problems

Issue with ac starts when I accelerate the unit stops blowing cold air. Once the rpm's get back down then it starts to blow cold again. Living in Fl you need all the air you can get.
    Please advise.

Is this an automatic climate control car from the 80s? If so you describe classic vacuum leak issues. I'll direct you here for some common problem areas and how to troubleshoot it

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...lems-Read-This!

If its not an 80s model with ATC, please let us know otherwise I'll get out the magic 8 ball and see what it has to say.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks Gadget. I'm going to spend a little time checking these out. Will post my findings.

Comment

I had that exact problem a couple of years ago. Bought a vacuum pump gauge to troubleshoot and found that by applying vacuum to one of the lines under the glove compartment lines, I could get the problem remedied while the vacuum held. However, the gauge eventually weakened so would not hold vacuum. So found the part that failed which was the valve that mounts to the dash right above the glove compartment. Never removed the old part but just hooked up the new part and left it dangling behind the dashboard. The system is meant to be automated and adjust like a thermostat at your home. I always just use with manual inputs (ie turn on/off and adjust fan speed manually). These are luxury cars that were meant to do things for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thing is the temperature control is always automatic on that system. There is no way to get around that. Not having air input to the sensor like it was designed for tends to make it do dumb things too. The sample hose fell off mine and it would hunt back and forth from hot to cold until I found the hose hanging under the dash by the blower.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X