'03 gmq ls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'03 gmq ls

Hey everyone, bought my first GMQ last week. For $2500, 179k. Needed a new daily to replace the Crown Vic, which is now my sunday driver and race car.

'03 Grand Marquis LS... bone stock with Ford white peel. Full custom Katzkin leather seats.

Doing some detailing work to make it a little less ugly. I'll post pictures when it's done. Needs heavy claybar and paint correction, but it's coming along great.
    Last edited by Lundy; 07-11-2020, 03:55 PM.
    '05 Crown Vic P71 SAP - Kenne Bell 2.1 Twin-Screw Supercharger @5PSI, Circle-D 265mm 2800-3000 stall converter, BCA built 4R75E, stock maf in 3.5 in tube, 36 lb Kenne Bell injectors, Aeromotive 340LPH fuel pump, EGR delete, ATI Super Damper, NGK BR7EF plugs gapped at .030, 170 t-stat, ADTR Coil Over System, ADTR Heinous Billet control arms, Ford Performance 3.73 Trac-Lok with carbon clutches, 17x9 widened steelies (rear) on Nitto NT555s 285/40/17, front stock steelies on NT555 245/45/17, StopTech rotors and Hawk HPS pads, braided steel brake lines, Stainless Works catback system with chambered mufflers and Marauder tips, U-Haul transmission pan, GCC Special Edition trim, Marauder wing, Mach 1 chin spoiler, sequential turn signals.
    '03 Grand Marquis LS (daily) - Custom Katzkin leather seats, white paint weight reduction

Welcome to the forum. White paint in those years seemed to fail alot.

I like the interior!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice looking Merc, paint issues aside. Word of advice, get the rear end in the air and check for up/down play on the rear wheels and check for leaking axle seals. There is a known issue with these years eating axles/bearings. Been down that road 3 times now on my 03 CV.
      These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Originally posted by FordMan77 View Post
        Nice looking Merc, paint issues aside. Word of advice, get the rear end in the air and check for up/down play on the rear wheels and check for leaking axle seals. There is a known issue with these years eating axles/bearings. Been down that road 3 times now on my 03 CV.
        I'll ask the previous owner if he's done any work there yet. He's done all the big maintenance so far (heater core, manifold, climate control module).
        '05 Crown Vic P71 SAP - Kenne Bell 2.1 Twin-Screw Supercharger @5PSI, Circle-D 265mm 2800-3000 stall converter, BCA built 4R75E, stock maf in 3.5 in tube, 36 lb Kenne Bell injectors, Aeromotive 340LPH fuel pump, EGR delete, ATI Super Damper, NGK BR7EF plugs gapped at .030, 170 t-stat, ADTR Coil Over System, ADTR Heinous Billet control arms, Ford Performance 3.73 Trac-Lok with carbon clutches, 17x9 widened steelies (rear) on Nitto NT555s 285/40/17, front stock steelies on NT555 245/45/17, StopTech rotors and Hawk HPS pads, braided steel brake lines, Stainless Works catback system with chambered mufflers and Marauder tips, U-Haul transmission pan, GCC Special Edition trim, Marauder wing, Mach 1 chin spoiler, sequential turn signals.
        '03 Grand Marquis LS (daily) - Custom Katzkin leather seats, white paint weight reduction

Comment

Working...
        X